Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Mast Is Repaired

Options
  • 14-01-2010 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭

I see that hundreds of thousands of people in the SE were forced to watch TV channels void of Twink, Keith Duffy, Blaithnead Ni Uachtair Reoite and Brendan O'Connor last night after the RTE signal went down as a result of bad weather.

Rumour has it that most people over the age of 70 went into convulsions after their daily dosE of Fair City had to be replaced by Alan Cantwell's face while many others were forced to press the channel up button on their remote for the first time since 1973.

Reports that a TV3 van was seen ramming the transmission mast have been described by one TV3 insider 'ludicrous'. The spokeserson added 'Why would we want to do that. Sure everyone knows they have no televisions down in rural wexford anyway'.

RTE said that it will be repeating the same storyline from Fair City tonight and for the foreseeable future to accommodate anyone who missed last night's episode.

ACTUAL STORY
    RTÉ services restored to southeast
    Thursday, 14 January 2010 12:53
    RTÉ radio and television services have now been restored to customers in the southeast of the country.
    The RTÉ transmitter at Mount Leinster had been off air since yesterday evening.
    It is understood the bad weather was the cause of the outage.
    Advertisement

The transmitter services about 180,000 homes in counties Wexford, Waterford, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Carlow and some homes in south Wicklow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Speaking of which, I entered a time warp last night and ended up watching some daytime TV program in the late evening on TV3. Or was it TG4 ? It was one of the Ts.

I could tell it was daytime TV because they were all sitting on a sofa chatting about health issues. I think it was called Mid Week or something.

It was like a drug. Myself & Mrs Zag sat transfixed and it was a good 20 minutes before we realised we were watching fluffy stuff, but once we copped on we turned it off and normal service was restored. That daytime TV stuff is dangerous I tell ya . . .

z

P.S. Oh, and I contacted Vodafone today about mobile connection problems and was told it was due to the weather and they've lost a tower in the area. Now, this is definite time warp stuff - the last bad weather we had here was on Monday and that was just wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Never noticed as I use satellite but even that had to be cleared of snow to work.

Advertisement