Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mould on edges of ceiling in apartment

• 14-01-2010 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Mould has started to appear along the edges of the ceiling on all the external walls of the apartment. It is a first floor apartment with all block walls and concrete between it and the ground floor. I'm told it is an ongoing problem and and one ceiling was painted just before christmas and already mould is coming through. Now I know just painting over is not a solution but I'm amazed at how quick it is reappearing. Every single room is affected. There are vents and they are free of blockages and the attic at least is very well insulated. Can anyone shed any light on this..

Just to clarify the mould is on the ceiling and not the top edge of the wall.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

Have a look in attic if possible, could have some condensation problems, or leaking extract pipes. I've seen a few cases where extracts from bathrooms etc had some dips in pipe leading to roof vent tile, vent built up condensation and leaked out onto ceiling, leaving stains underneath.

Stains are coming from some where as you know but might be hard to see above them. You might have to cut open a section to monitor surrounding area over next few days. Water / condensation could be traveling down underside slope of roof then dropping at lowest point, directly above your stains.

Advertisement