Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Netopia Router and Wireless Printer

• 14-01-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone has successfully set up a wireless printer with the Eircom Netopia 2247 ? Is it possible?

I realise this query isn't exactly "broadband" related but this seemed like the forum where people might have the most relevant experience.Sorry mods if it was inappropriate to post here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

chilly wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone has successfully set up a wireless printer with the Eircom Netopia 2247 ? Is it possible?

I realise this query isn't exactly "broadband" related but this seemed like the forum where people might have the most relevant experience.Sorry mods if it was inappropriate to post here.

Hi Chilly
    yes this is possible and setting up depends on type of printer and your set-up. If connected to network you should be able to locate your particular printer type and load appropriate settings as with non wireles printers.
    Tony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thanks Tony. I got a present of one of these printers at Christmas. I was delighted but unfortunately the manual is the size of my phonebook and the wireless network is proving challenging (understatement!) to set up.
    Good to know that the router should be able to do the job though. I will persist. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

The general principle for setting up my hp wifi printer was:

install software on pc
    at the right time plug USB cable from pc to printer
    software asks for your wifi details (ssid, password etc) and downloads them to printer
    you unplug USB cable and print away from wifi

best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

I am having the same problems .

I am trying to set up the Hp photosmart wireless but when I enter my SSID and wep key, i get an error saying cannot recognise wireless network or something.

The SSID and wep key are the same as i use for my Ps3 and laptop but for some reason the printer does not want to connect wirelessly.:mad:

Advertisement