Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place for bra fittings

• 14-01-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me the best store to get bra fiitting done, I'm sick of spending money on underwear and it doesn't fit properly. I don't mind spending the money once it fits properly and does the job:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Marks and Spencers are good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Sunny_Dublin

the ladies in Cleary's are excellent! they will also acknowledge when you are between sizes and try to help with different brands and not just say "well.... it SHOULD fit... the measurement thing says so..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Intimate Lingerie on Tara st. Pauline is the ladies name . Phone 01 6771010. I find them really good and take a trip up to get sorted a few times a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭dulchie75

Thanks ladies, I do agree that sometimes just because it's your size they assume it will fit you. I find Triumph are a good fit, what brands do you like, I've never tried Ultimo - any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Godess are fantastic, goggle them and that place on tara st have them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

OP - if your are in Dublin Bramora is the place to go! they dont go by traditional measuring tape methods to get your size. They seem to decrease your back size and increase the cup size....the result is amazing!!! For example by the measuring tape im a 36d, but my bras made me look a littly saggy...however after my new sizing im a 32ff and wow do I look better in tops :) Bravissimo do the same thing in the UK... This place is based in Leeson Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ Wait, what?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Marks and Spencers are good

I agree... okay actually my wife told me to say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

mrsberries wrote: »
    O They seem to decrease your back size and increase the cup size...
    Lia_lia wrote: »
    ^ Wait, what?!

I don't know the Bramora place, but have been to Bravissimo, and that's not exactly what they're doing (though it may turn out like that). Many places measure with a cloth/paper tape measure, which has no stretch, so they're essentially measuring you a bit loosely. You can see this when the bras ride up your back a bit - if the back size is correct that won't happen.

Bravissimo gets you to try on a range of different bras with varying back sizes to see what sits best on you on the outer hook. (As the bra gets older you move in to the next hook). You might find that you're a 32 with one brand, but 34 or even 36 with another. Once they've pinned down the back size they'll then start trying you out with varying cup sizes, checking to see what cup you fill best - no loose material, no breast bulging over the top etc.

It's a very hands on (literally) approach, and a woman will stand in the changing cubicle with you for an hour until she's found you the right bra(s).

More info here: http://www.bravissimo.com/perfectfit/getting-the-perfect-fit/default.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 shifers

You're asking about brands and I actually just wear one bra type from one manufacturer!! Fiore by Lepel (pic below), I have one in every colour. Would recommend them for a C cup anyway. Usually get mine in Arnotts or online.

Have also heard about Bramora though and seen them on Xpose. Considering paying them a visit to expand my collection. :)
    I_129165048_00_20091104?wid=150&hei=200&op_usm=1,1,0,0

• Advertisement

Thoie wrote: »
    I don't know the Bramora place, but have been to Bravissimo, and that's not exactly what they're doing (though it may turn out like that). Many places measure with a cloth/paper tape measure, which has no stretch, so they're essentially measuring you a bit loosely. You can see this when the bras ride up your back a bit - if the back size is correct that won't happen.

Bravissimo gets you to try on a range of different bras with varying back sizes to see what sits best on you on the outer hook. (As the bra gets older you move in to the next hook). You might find that you're a 32 with one brand, but 34 or even 36 with another. Once they've pinned down the back size they'll then start trying you out with varying cup sizes, checking to see what cup you fill best - no loose material, no breast bulging over the top etc.

It's a very hands on (literally) approach, and a woman will stand in the changing cubicle with you for an hour until she's found you the right bra(s).

More info here: http://www.bravissimo.com/perfectfit/getting-the-perfect-fit/default.aspx

Do you know what stores offer this service, I don't live in Dublin but I'm up and down all the time, would def like to check it out:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Most my decent bra's are ultimo. I just love them, and they do nice styles as well, not to over the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Hi, Unfortunately I think that Bravissimo is only based in the UK - they have a number of stores there. Would love to see them here as I take a trip to one of their stores anytime I'm in the UK.

They are aimed at the more well endowed female though so may not be suitable :rolleyes:

dulchie75 wrote: »
    Do you know what stores offer this service, I don't live in Dublin but I'm up and down all the time, would def like to check it out:)

There used be a few of the older women in Cash's in Cork (Brown Thomas) who used work like that - no idea if they still do that, but maybe places like Clery's, Brown Thomas and Arnott's in Dublin, and this Bramora place too. Bravissimo are just in the UK, none in Belfast unfortunately. There used be a little bra shop in the Swan center in Rathmines - the owner there was lovely, but I can't remember the name of it.

sorry, Im not sure how they do it but they measured me by merely looking at me!!! Very odd I would agree but they've a really good eye for this. Also like how they educate you how to wear a bra! Im 32 and thought I had this one in the bag but not at all lol..

sorry, Im not sure how they do it but they measured me by merely looking at me!!! Very odd I would agree but they've a really good eye for this. Also like how they educate you how to wear a bra! Im 32 and thought I had this one in the bag but not at all lol..

They got a good start with me by eye and feel, but had to narrow it down then :)

There used be a little bra shop in the Swan center in Rathmines - the owner there was lovely, but I can't remember the name of it.

Remembered - it's Kitten Lingerie (and not Kitty's Knickers, as I keep thinking of it) :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I like Marks and Spencers.

They have a great range of underwear, that is not too expensive. The fit of their t shirt bras is excellent, and they have a good range for the larger busted lady.

what2do wrote: »
    Hi, Unfortunately I think that Bravissimo is only based in the UK - they have a number of stores there. Would love to see them here as I take a trip to one of their stores anytime I'm in the UK.

They are aimed at the more well endowed female though so may not be suitable :rolleyes:

Typical! I guess I'm what you would call well endowed:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

OP - if your are in Dublin Bramora is the place to go! they dont go by traditional measuring tape methods to get your size. They seem to decrease your back size and increase the cup size....the result is amazing!!! For example by the measuring tape im a 36d, but my bras made me look a littly saggy...however after my new sizing im a 32ff and wow do I look better in tops :) Bravissimo do the same thing in the UK... This place is based in Leeson Street.

i have never seen it on leeson street is it upper or lower?

• Advertisement

Do you need to make an appointment or can you just walk in. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

I got fitted by M&S, clerys etc and still had bras that didn't fit. Then went to Bramora and would highly recommend them. I went down a few sizes in the back and up a few sizes and for the first time in my life have a bra that fits properly:):).

SheRa wrote: »
    I got fitted by M&S, clerys etc and still had bras that didn't fit. Then went to Bramora and would highly recommend them. I went down a few sizes in the back and up a few sizes and for the first time in my life have a bra that fits properly:):).

can you pop or and ask to be fitted or need an appointment? is it free?

SheRa wrote: »

Same for me - 36d to 32ff!! Mad stuff but its fantastic!

Yep, you can just pop into them and there is not obligation to buy or pay for it, but they do have some good stuff at great prices!!

Same for me - 36d to 32ff!! Mad stuff but its fantastic!

Yep, you can just pop into them and there is not obligation to buy or pay for it, but they do have some good stuff at great prices!!

soundsgr8 im going tues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Do you have to make an appointment for Clerys or can you just walk in?

^^ Can anyone help?:o

Thanks.

-Orlaith- wrote: »
    Do you have to make an appointment for Clerys or can you just walk in?

i'd say walking in would be fine most places are.

hey girls i went to Bramora today and thought i'd let you know how i got on.

So asked to get fitted and she told me to wait in the changing room in my bra and asked me what bra i am wearing (i said 34D). She had a glance at me and said you are 32DD or maybe 32E and got me some bras. I am still in shock as have been wearing 34 something since first bra! she didnt have any in my size apart from one in a style i wouldn't wear so am going to try on some bras in the size she said i hope they will look much better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You try on the bras in places like LaSenza etc then? I've only ever grabbed ones off the rack in penneys.. I never even contemplated trying a bra on before! :o
    (alas I'm so small I never have been fitted for a bra because there's basically nothing to measure, hehe!) :rolleyes:

Serenacat - its amazing isnt it?? Delighted for you!! Its such a revelation and you look so much better in your clothes dont you?

Serenacat - its amazing isnt it?? Delighted for you!! Its such a revelation and you look so much better in your clothes dont you?

am excited to go bra shopping! going tomorrow! wish see exactly then just checking and debehams stocks bras in 32dd and 32e so i'll be grand, la senza have 32dd aswell! thanks!! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

serenacat wrote: »
    am excited to go bra shopping! going tomorrow! wish see exactly then just checking and debehams stocks bras in 32dd and 32e so i'll be grand, la senza have 32dd aswell! thanks!! :):)

La Senza stock it, and it looks pretty on the rack, but they're essentially useless in my experience. They simply don't have the engineering to hold you up and look 'sloppy'.

Frost French in Debs is ok and they have pretty funky fabrics, but you might have to try a few, as their sizing seems off (maybe it was just the particular model I wanted). M&S will also have that size, but their sizing seems different also, and they don't suit me personally now that I'm a bit older and the ladies don't hold themselves up so well anymore! Chantelle is the best brand for me, I have maybe 12 from there. But it is pricey.

serenacat wrote: »
    i'd say walking in would be fine most places are <snip>
    Thank you.
    Posy wrote: »
    <snip>
    (alas I'm so small I never have been fitted for a bra because there's basically nothing to measure, hehe!) :rolleyes:
    I am also small busted (am a 32A/32AA), and (to me anyway) the cups seem to be too big, so before I go out and buy more bras, I want to know the proper size to get rather than getting some and them finding out they're the wrong size.:o

lainey316 wrote: »
    La Senza stock it, and it looks pretty on the rack, but they're essentially useless in my experience. They simply don't have the engineering to hold you up and look 'sloppy'.

Frost French in Debs is ok and they have pretty funky fabrics, but you might have to try a few, as their sizing seems off (maybe it was just the particular model I wanted). M&S will also have that size, but their sizing seems different also, and they don't suit me personally now that I'm a bit older and the ladies don't hold themselves up so well anymore! Chantelle is the best brand for me, I have maybe 12 from there. But it is pricey.

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_150010704260_-1 i checked the website they have fantasie, ultimo really nice stuff there! i'll check m and s aswell
    the ladies are still perky for me as i am a young'un!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭xxlplease

Debenhams or M&S

Advertisement