Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pug 307 2002

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

bump:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's a bit expensive considering you could probably buy this year younger and higher spec one for similar money:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200944195698291

Try and aim for the 16 valve 1.4 litre engine, it was lauched in mid 2003 and is nippier and better on fuel than the old 8 valve 75bhp version found in older models. Also make sure the electrics work as they are hit and miss with the 307.

her budget is only circa 3.5k so thats a bit out of reach but it is a nice car - is the car she's looking at bad on fuel?

I reckon with a bit of good haggling she would buy that 03 close to her budget. Its a year younger and has higher spec, I'd do my best to find the extra cash to be honest.

Re: fuel, the 16 valve version is more fuel efficent than the older 8 valve unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Brainz, that car is way too expensive. I got one of that year and spec last year for 2700 in Merlin car auctions. It had lower mileage, less owners, NCT and Tax, better interior and nicer colour.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the response lads -gonna have a look around for something better - anyone have any recommendations for a car in this category -

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

If my experiences are anything to go by i would recommend you stay away!
    Ours is an 04 and it gives nothing but bother

Advertisement