Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books on Search Engine Optimisation

Options
  • 14-01-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any recommendations on good up to date books on SEO?

I was looking at the Sitepoint book which I will get if it's the best, but ideally I would like to spend less than ~€130 on a book =)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Once it goes to print it's out of date imo! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Digino

That SEO book (or kit) was published in 2007. Was it updated since then? Hard to tell.

The best SEO book I ever read was SEO with PHP. It's a technical read, but that's what you want because you will find all the quick win SEO tips regurgitated on the web via an infinite list of blogs. Whereas the techy SEO stuff might open your eyes early.

I'm currently jumping in and out of reading SEO Warrior. It's got good bits, okay bits, and more good bits! Nothing that blows me out of the water but it's a solid read.

Your best bet is to pick up one of the more recent E-Consultancy SEO publications. They're up to date, are well written, and have great figures.

Advertisement