Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organisisng a poker night with Work...

Options
  • 14-01-2010 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me with some information.

I have been asked to organise a work poker night and was hoping to do it in the Fitz. I have heard people talk about doing this before where you pay for dealers and all that and can bring your own drinks. Ideally I would just want two tables and a 20 or 30 quid buy-in for a bit of craic and boozing.

Has anyone got any experience doing this?
    Can I just ring Denise to book?
    How much is it usually?
    Would you say I could get a Friday at about 5 considering how busy Fridays are for them?

Thanks for any help,

Eoghan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

The Jackpot does it for free on a saturday afaik, not sure about the Fitz

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You can get the balcony in the fitz. There are a couple of different packages that you can get with different food options, etc. It is on the noticeboard beside the kitchen I think, afaik. You can bring in your own booze, but no spirits allowed I think.

I don't think Denise books it, but she could definitely help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Trying to hustle your work mates i like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Trying to hustle your work mates i like it :D
    Times are hard Danny!!!

Thanks for that Dom I will have a look next time im in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Times are hard Danny!!!

Thanks for that Dom I will have a look next time im in.

Denise sorted me out Eoghan with a great deal. I just charged 50 per head, had someone buy beers from the off licence and bring them onto the balcony in the Fitz. We then had a few platters (way too much food as it turned out) and charged the reg fee from the prize pool as well. The remaining funds were paid out in prizes.

Everyone had a great night. We had a one table tournie starting at 7.30 finishing at 12.00 and then onto a club. The staff in the Fitz are very professional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

ollyk1 wrote: »
    Denise sorted me out Eoghan with a great deal. I just charged 50 per head, had someone buy beers from the off licence and bring them onto the balcony in the Fitz. We then had a few platters (way too much food as it turned out) and charged the reg fee from the prize pool as well. The remaining funds were paid out in prizes.

Everyone had a great night. We had a one table tournie starting at 7.30 finishing at 12.00 and then onto a club. The staff in the Fitz are very professional.
    That sounds like exactly what im looking for Olly I'll talk to denise thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

there is a little bit of info here on the Fitz website, with a contact email address, although I would say that Denise could point you in the right direction

Advertisement