Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ANNOUNCEMENT: New Forum Charter and Some Other Bits

• 14-01-2010 3:44pm

Hi,

I've a few announcements to make on behalf of bonkey, humanji and myself.

Over the last few weeks, we've been working on a new forum charter (well, I say we, bonkey did 99% of the work), which is now ready to go live, and can be found here:

New forum charter.

We've worked to try to resolve some of the issues we thought the forum was having, such as some posters always demanding evidence, and other posters posting, what might appear to be, flights of fancy.

We've also decided to do one big, daring thing: we're going to lift all forum bans (there are nearly 70 of them at the moment), this means that every single poster will be starting afresh, with a clean slate. If you were banned for a month previously, after this, your next ban won't be longer, it'll be as if you were never banned before. We're forgetting all sins and past behaviour, basically. In return, we'd like to ask you to do the same, we want you to make a conscious effort to start afresh, with how you approach this forum and how you approach and respond to other posters. This is a new beginning, and we'd like you to use this opportunity to its fullest.

If you've any criticisms or recommendations about the new charter you can post in this thread. Once the discussion has ceased, I'll merge this thread with our general feedback thread.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

All 69 forum bans have now been lifted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

All 69 forum bans have now been lifted.

There's a forum about 69s? Lord Jesus, why hasn't someone told me sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

We conspired to keep it from you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

69! How many of those are Casey re-regs? :D

Advertisement