Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please Help!

• 14-01-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Ok so I borrowed a pair of satin shoes off my sister in law to wear with a fab dress on new years eve only to then go out and have some obnoxious foriegner smash a glass just out of the blue where we were all standing. Thus the shoes are ruined! Black marks all over them it was a lager spillt on them but i still have no idea how to remove the stains,have been told water and baby wipes are a no-no,any suggestions?
    All help very much appreciated,you've never met my sister in law :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Beer stains should come out fairly easly.
    Ball up some cotton and wet it in a very dilute detergent. (Use a tiny bit of washing powder in some warm water). Dab at the stains. If necessary rub at the stain - but always follow the grain of the satin! Dry them with a hairdryer and check if you need to make the detergent solution a little stronger for the stubborn stains.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Happens me loads of time, I use warm water with a bit of mild detergent or antibacterial hand wash mixed up in the sink, dab it on with a face cloth and as OldGoat said in the direction then dry with the hair dryer. Always gets them stains out for me, worked for cider on a satin handbag as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

and as old coat said in the ...
    :eek:
    I just blew a huge wadge of cash on a brand new coat I'll have you know!

:p

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

Just cleaned said shoes and they turned out brill not a mark on them,delighted :D

Thanks alot to both of you my sister in law got the shoes in the states so replacing them would of been impoosible,thanks again :)

Advertisement