Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pension info needed

Options
  • 14-01-2010 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

folks,i am looking for the best place for PENSION advice...that is the type where I have 2 pensions and want to know what if anything I can do with them,,,any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ED 209

Look at the performance of the fund. Pension funds are not what I am into.

If you want to invest in equities then invest in an index. You don't pay for financial advice and you have just as much chance of making a decent return.

I am not PAYE so I take care of my own investments. Commodities are what my "pension" consists of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Andymfinancial

Dont know where you are but i am a broker in Kerry. You need to consider charging structure, choice of funds, performance history and the most important issue is service because once you have chosen your investment funds they need managing by a Qualified Financial Advisor who can provide ongoing advice. Many advisors in some larger institutions will sell you a pension and in 6mths they will have changed branches or left the company completely. There is a large turnover of staff within the financial advice network. Choose a broker who has been long established and is active in managing investments or pensions. If you receive incorrect advice this can also produce tax problems.

Advertisement