Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi,is shame to have cleaner and servant job?

Options
  • 14-01-2010 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

i got job i'm cleaner and servant,half year ago i hired by woman and her sister to clean them house,they were happy with my job and i got more hours and obviously more things to do,my friends tell me that this is humiliated to have this job and be servant specially to women.is that shame to have this kind of job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Nah dude. Money's money. If it pays, you're in a better position than anyone who doesn't work.

And as for "working for a woman"...I dunno what you're friends work as, but I can guarantee that they have woman managers or supervisors further up the chain that "they are working for" too!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

No shame in working and contributing to society. Shame is only for those who wont bother their backside working as they prefer sponging off the social welfare system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

no not at all, so longs as the pays allright and they don't beat you/force you to sleep under the stairs or whatever

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

If you are an honest man, working an honest job, and working hard, you should be proud. People can see all of that, and in the long run it will help you to get a "better" job if you want one.

Your friends are not very good friends if they mock you instead of supporting you.

EDIT after reading McNasty's post: Of course your employer must also treat you with dignity, ALWAYS. but you seem happy with them so it does not seem to be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cristianoo3344

no not at all, so longs as the pays allright and they don't beat you/force you to sleep under the stairs or whatever
    i'm happy with money,its ok but sometimes if one of the women have bad mood or whatever,they use their "bossy"position ,but mostly is ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

so u reckon the moneys all right and the boss aside from being a bit moody the odd time is ok too.
    mate thats about as good as it gets in this day and age ..stick at it!

so u reckon the moneys all right and the boss aside from being a bit moody the odd time is ok too.
    mate thats about as good as it gets in this day and age ..stick at it!
    yes everything mostly is ok,everybody can to have bad mood,but sometimes they cant behave like that,but life is hard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nwordjim

You need new friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

There's nothing wrong with a job like that. If they pay you your correct wage and treat you fine then it is all good. A job is a job at the end of the day

There's nothing wrong with a job like that. If they pay you your correct wage and treat you fine then it is all good. A job is a job at the end of the day
    i wrote before i'm happy with money,its ok but sometimes if one of the women have bad mood or whatever,they use their "bossy"position ,but mostly they treat me fine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

hmmm this thread is sounding slighty familiar! lets hope it doesnt go down a certain path!
    *sits back and watches closely*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement