Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy 13 International Trailer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Cannot wait for this. Don't see what all the fuss is over Leona Lewis. It's 3 minutes out of a 60 hour game. You'll hear it once, and it's not that bad of a song, to be honest. She's not my cup of tea but I don't think the song is awful by any standards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Squaresoft got the localisation and voice work for Dragon Quest VIII spot on, why can't they do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Jim wrote: »
    Although in fairness to FFXIII the acting doesn't sound too bad from the trailer and seems to fit to the characters quite well. They seem to have almost done English lip sync as well? Although I imagine that is quite alot of extra work.
    Yep they've done full English lip-synching for everything so that's why there's little chance of them releasing the Japanese voices for the game. I think that the English VA for Lightning is pretty good, and that's saying something as the Japanese VA, Maaya Sakimoto, is one of my favourites (she's been in a lot of very successful anime). I think the English VA for Hope is much better, he's too whiny in Japanese, and Sazh's voice is pretty good too. Everyone else does sound a bit too 'OC' in that trailer though.

Does Fang's voice sound Australian to anybody else? It's a pretty good fit. It was kind of hard to hear people speak over Leona Lewis though. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Only FFX and 12 had vocals.

I thought they did a pretty good job with X overall (Auron!!!), 12 was a bit pants apart from the Judges, Balthier and Basche.

That said, and it may just be reactionary, but I thought all the voices in the trailer for 13 sounded crap. They might grow on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

GothPunk wrote: »
    Yep they've done full English lip-synching for everything so that's why there's little chance of them releasing the Japanese voices for the game

Was reading the comments on joystiq regarding the trailer and alot of them were saying that there would Japanese vocals included on the PS3 version. Could just be hearsay however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Was reading the comments on joystiq regarding the trailer and alot of them were saying that there would Japanese vocals included on the PS3 version. Could just be hearsay however.
    Who do you trust more, me or some guy commenting on Joystiq? :pac: The producers of the game have confirmed that the international release won't have Japanese VA. They also said that they want parity between the PS3 and 360 versions of the game - so that rules out the PS3 version getting Japanese VA as well. I wouldn't rule it out as (paid?) DLC maybe, but it's not looking likely at all at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Oh i see, i shall never doubt you again sir :P

Advertisement