Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haldi and Spice Lunch Buffet

Options
  • 14-01-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey there,

Has anyone tried the Lunch Buffet for 6.95 in Haldi and Spice out the Headford Road next to Dunnes? What kind of setup do they have?

And most important is it nice?

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

I've tried it 3 times. Basically, for €6.95 you get to have as much as you want of the dish they are serving that day. So theres a big dish of some miscellaneous curry, a dish of tastey veg with some sort of sauce and a big thing of rice.

For €8.95 you get the choice of 2 dishes.

I have to say it was really yummy 2 out of 3 times. The other time was a bit meh but they brought out a complimentary chicken sizzely thing so i was quite pleased with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Havok1610 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Lunch Buffet for 6.95 in Haldi and Spice

Wonder where they get their ingredients... :rolleyes:. Sounds good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was there once, was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Was there once, got food poisoning, didn't go back. Food was hot and tasty but I had to spend two days getting sick so that took the shine off it - so to speak.

'cptr

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Was there once, got food poisoning, didn't go back. Food was hot and tasty but I had to spend two days getting sick so that took the shine off it - so to speak.

'cptr

How do you know you got food poisoning there though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Mactard wrote: »
    How do you know you got food poisoning there though?

Oh I know. When you share all other family meals and eat one meal which is followed a few hours later by gastroenteritis you can generally be fairly sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

Tried it once - I found it poor quality, but OK for what you paid for.
    Won't go back, as I like good Indian food & that was not good Indian food.

However, have heard good things about the dinner menu in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Ordered take away in the evening a couple of times. Good enough value but the food was all kind of samey - bit overspiced (I like hot but like to be able to taste the flavour) which blew my friend's head off a bit. We ordered veggie tho, some places do better with one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 tebbles

Amazing price but not good food. Kashmir is the best for me. Id rather pay the extra

Advertisement