Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Education has lost it's Edge

Options
  • 14-01-2010 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/education/latest-news/minister-warns-pushy-parents-on-grind-schools-1226416.html

If we pay good money then we can do what we like ,a country fool telling us top Dublin crowd how to be educated and the last time I checked all the private schools saved the government money in the long run eg Doll, social welfare and made them money in us becoming big Tax payers etc

Grind schools are the top feeder schools:rolleyes:,well you would hardly expect them not to be, when the students and parents pay more than they will for third level education in all. FOOL

Another thing is their should be fees in college, this will also separate the men from the boys. To many qualified workers and to many soft degrees

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Yes!!! Another DR Cowboy thread....:D

On topic - Maybe you could re word what you've written so I could understand what you're trying to say. I think I get the gist......that you feel you're superior because you attend a grind school?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Can you please re-word your post so that it makes sense?

Regarding fees (which is the only comprehensible point you make) I don't see how their re-introduction at undergrad level would separate men from boys. Care to ellaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

dolliemix wrote: »
    Yes!!! Another DR Cowboy thread....:D

On topic - Maybe you could re word what you've written so I could understand what you're trying to say. I think I get the gist......that you feel you're superior because you attend a grind school?

Dam dude does public school have really gone to hell if you can't read my post:rolleyes:

You seem to be "putting words into my post" again

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    Dam dude does public school have really gone to hell if you can't read my post:rolleyes:

You seem to be "put words into my post" again

Nah! Don't understand this post either.

Try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Stop abusing the sarcasm smiley.

• Advertisement

dolliemix wrote: »
    Nah! Don't understand this post either.

Try again.

Think your funny dude:mad:, you would not be laughing if i got you out on a rugby field then we would see if you understand or not:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Lol...

Think your funny dude:mad:, you would not be laughing if i got you out on a rugby field then we would see if you understand or not:confused:

Kinky! :D

But no thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It certainly must have lost its edge if you think "Education has lost it's Edge" should have an apostrophe - the rest of your post isn't much better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

If we pay good money then we can do what we like,_ a country fool telling us top Dublin crowd how to be educated, and the last time I checked all the private schools saved the government money in the long run eg. dole, social welfare, etc. and made them money in us becoming big Tax payers etc.

Grind schools are the top feeder schools:rolleyes:,_well you would hardly expect them not to be, when the students and parents pay more than they will for third level education in all. FOOL

Another thing is there should be fees in college, this will also separate the men from the boys. Too many qualified workers and to many soft degrees.

Too many fools throwing money away on private schools and coming out of them without basic spelling skills. Money can't buy intelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

D R Cowboy:

You said that the re-introduction of college fees would 'separate the men from the boys.' What a completely non-sensical statement that is! Are you saying that only people who are wealthy can be, what you describe as, 'men?'

I can assure you that there are students out there from 'not well-off' families who are extremely intelligent and/or totally suited to the course they would like to do. They have not attended private schools, one of the reasons being they do not have the money. Whether they attend them or not, it's irrelevant because they have the intelligence and perseverance to go all the way.

However, these students, if the college fees were introduced, would not be able to pursue their chosen career. What a waste!

D R Cowboy, you may go to a private school, but judging from your posts in this thread and previous threads, there's one thing they don't obviously teach you-manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

D.R. Cowboy, you're about 2 years too late, she isn't minister any more. That article was from November 2007.

But of course you don't care as long as you got your outraged reaction?

Piste wrote: »
    D.R. Cowboy, you're about 2 years too late, she isn't minister any more. That article was from November 2007.

How can you say I don't care? I care too much if the truth be told and it gets me into trouble a times

Yea the article is old like a 2007 car but it still works and you can drive it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Piste wrote: »

Obvious troll is obvious indeed. Although I did get a bit of a laugh out of this "a country fool telling us top Dublin crow" is he going to start arguing that location has an impact on intelligence next?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Noone write back to this pretentious inbred troll, he's already trolled the dublin city forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055793748

Never have I read such a bigoted and unintelligently argued post. Also, learn how to punctuate, perhaps they can teach you that in your grind school.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

DR cowboy, how can you troll when nobody can understand what you write?

"Dam dude does public school have really gone to hell if you can't read my post"
    "Dam dude" is grand, if you ignore the fact you spelt damn wrong. It's "does" that gets me. It'd imply you're going to ask a question. If you meant to say "those" then public school would have to be plural (public schools).

I can just about gather that you're trying to say public schools have gone to hell, but at the end of the day, you have difficulty stringing sentences together, so it's not saying much for private schools tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 12345678910

If we pay good money then we can do what we like ,a country fool telling us top Dublin crowd how to be educated

Just to let you know Mary Hanafin is actually from Dun Laoghaire so she is part of your "Dublin crowd".
    Also btw I'd kill you on a rugby pitch any day! :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Regarding fees (which is the only comprehensible point you make) I don't see how their re-introduction at undergrad level would separate men from boys. Care to ellaborate?
    Well he attends a private school apparently ... And those places have traditionally had problems with separating the men from the boys, which probably explains the obsession! >_>

Ross, go away and play with Sorcha ... Or Fionn, or whoever takes your fancy! :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement