Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is shoplifting acceptable

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Doni Mack

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I'm curious Doni.

On becoming a troll, is one entitled to a free bridge?
    funk-you wrote: »
    Crap troll is crap.

-Funk

You can really see the hate around here today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

funk-you wrote: »
    Crap troll is crap.

-Funk

Geez, who's got your goat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Its more the fact that you're spouting rubbish and they are telling you that in the AH way

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I'm curious Doni.

On becoming a troll, is one entitled to a free bridge?
    Hey hey hey! Easy tiger. Doni mightn't be perfect but there's no need to call him a troll. He's admitting he steals which is an important first step towards his rehabilitation.

Just because you shout "troll" it doesn't mean to say it's true. Pighead once found a skull in the forest with huge devil horns coming out of it. Was convinced that he had just stumbled upon probably the biggest find this world has ever seen. Shouted out "Devil skull, Devil skull, Devil skull. It's the fcuking Devil's skull!" Miss Piggy came over to investigate, seen the skull and muttered "You're a dickhead Pighead, it's a deer skull.".

So as you can see, maybe he's not a troll. People who steal do exist and some of them even use the internet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Doni Mack wrote: »
    When you spend more than €15 in a newsagent, are you within your rights to assume you are entitled to a complimentary newspaper?
    Only when you steal a bra for your colleague.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

soups05 wrote: »
    never. its stealing and thats it. if you spent 1000euro in tescos they would still expect you to pay for a newspaper so dont try it in a small shop with a much smaller profit margin.

Don't want to be pedantic, but Tesco actually have much smaller margins than most small stores. Tesco (and dunnes and the like) make their money on cash. They buy everything on credit, sell it, leave the money in their a/c for 90 days or so, earning ridiculous interest, hnece the huge profit.

FYI :)

Not condoning shoplifting at all though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

The OP has already been banned for trolling on another thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

What are you going to ask next Doni?
    When is it acceptable to trip up a blind person?
    Is it ok to steal candy from a baby?

Jesus, I'm far from a witty & interesting thread starter but even my attempts are better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

easyeason3 wrote: »
    What are you going to ask next Doni?
    When is it acceptable to trip up a blind person?
    Is it ok to steal candy from a baby?

Jesus, I'm far from a witty & interesting thread starter but even my attempts are better than this.

Don't encourage him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Don't encourage him.

Sorry!

Still can't get it right :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

It's perfectly fine as long as you aren't on probation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

If you need it to survive, then I suppose.

WIthin reason.

If you've blown your dole cheque on drugs and have nothing left for food, then no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Never acceptable. Such a scummy thing to do no matter how cheap the item you stole is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Doni Mack wrote: »
    So if its a large chain or franchise, who generate massive profits, thats when it is acceptable?

What's wrong with making a massive profit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

When I want something and I don't want to pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

huh....theres a thug in our midst...whats next?...murdering cats?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Ridley wrote: »
    Geez, who's got your goat?

There was an incident involving an Israeli soldier and a shoe. I don't like to talk about it.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

To answer the OP's question : never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The amount of shoplifters in this country is disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

In my opinion Shoplifting is understandable in some cases but is never acceptable.

I hate the ones who shoplift even though they have the money to pay for the good :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

When I was younger, I did it sometimes- obviously not nowadays.

I couldn't think of anything more mortifying than being nabbed for shoplifting after a certain age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

When I was younger I used to grab an ice pop or a packet of crisps and have it eaten before I reached check out. :)

Classic Shoplifting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

alexlyons wrote: »
    Don't want to be pedantic, but Tesco actually have much smaller margins than most small stores. Tesco (and dunnes and the like) make their money on cash. They buy everything on credit, sell it, leave the money in their a/c for 90 days or so, earning ridiculous interest, hnece the huge profit.

FYI :)

Not condoning shoplifting at all though...

Not really, they can buy stock much cheaper than other stores. Everything else you said is correct though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

Is it it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family?

Well suppose you got a large starving family. Is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread to feed them?

And what if your family don't like bread? They like.. cigarettes.

Now, what if instead of giving them away.. you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

suppose you got a large starving family. Is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread Contraceptives

FYP

Advertisement