Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would I get this?

• 14-01-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I got two of these hand trucks and lost the circular metal bit of one that the wheels hook onto and then two little bits that stick into a hole in the end of each side of the metal bit. The photo is of the one that's in tact and without this little bit of metal, the second one is useless.

Would anyone know where I could get a bit of metal like this cut to size and two holes in each end and then the little brace things for keeping it put against the wheels?

Would appreciate any help :)

dsc00024nu.jpg

dsc00023dk.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

and then two little bits that stick into a hole in the end of each side of the metal bit.

Think your talking about 'Split Pins' you can get those in any hardware store. Sorry I don't get the other bit you referred to. But reckon any engineering or machine shop or even a welding place could fix you up.

If you know the make of these you could contact the manufacturers and see if they can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the advice :) yeah the other bit is just for the metal bar that goes across. I guess I could just take the one I have in and ask for a replica, just as long as it's only a few quid and not more than what the trolley is worth. If anyone can suggest somewhere I'd appreciate it :)

Advertisement