Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Record from TV to PC

• 14-01-2010 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi,

At the moment I've my PC hooked up to my TV using a video and audio cable to watch AVIs etc.
    However, I'm wondering now about recording programs from my TV back to the PC.
    A few of the how-to's I've been reading advise on the use of a TV Tuner Card....is this necessary for the setup I require?
    Is there any existing technology too that can change channels etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

You can only get a TV tuner card for terrestrial TV (analogue and or digital), analogue cable or FTA (free-to-air) satellite. As neither Sky or UPC offer CAMs there's no practical way of recording Sky or digital cable on your PC without going through analogue connections (composite or s-video outputs from your STB) and losing a lot of picture quality, and you'll have no channel control, EPG, etc., on your PC.

Sky+ or UPC's equivalent (I think they call it "Digital+" now) would be a much better recording solution if you have either of them, otherwise a TV card could work for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

You can control channel changes on any device usin
    g id emitters. This Is supported very easily using windows media center. As mentioned you will get a drop in quality as you will not be able to use hdmi. Visit the htpc forum foe more info

Advertisement