Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema Special Days?

Options
  • 14-01-2010 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

In different parts of the country cinemas have "Terrific Tuesdays" or "Wicked Wednesday", where tickets are about 5 euro on that day. anyone heard of such promotions in Dublin cinemas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

the screen on d'olier street is 5euro on a monday...for students...

i remember a few cinemas in london doing this too and it would be like £1 for any movie on whatever day, they should do it here...

i guess enough people go to the cinema and pay the extortionate prices..

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppy08

tfak85 wrote: »
    the screen on d'olier street is 5euro on a monday...for students...

i remember a few cinemas in london doing this too and it would be like £1 for any movie on whatever day, they should do it here...

i guess enough people go to the cinema and pay the extortionate prices..

i'm a student :D so this is perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

IMC in Dun Laoghaire is €4.50 for students on a Tuesday (€6 for 3D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Might be worth your while checking out the UGC/Cineworld Unlimited Card.
    €19.99 a month and you can go to as many films as you want.
    Also with 17 screens they have a wide choice
    I think you have to sign up for 12 months initially.
    If you are a regular cinema goer it offers pretty decent savings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

not quite what you are looking for but this is a once off that might be of interest for ya you big cheapskate :D
    http://www.irishfilm.ie/index_187.asp
    Open Day
    The IFI is delighted to announce that on February 6th it will open its doors to the public with a day of free screenings across all three cinemas, to celebrate the newly refurbished IFI. The programme of films will reflect the breadth of work that the IFI presents from new releases to classics and from Irish film to gems from the Archive. The full day of screenings will be accompanied by special events and guests. Speaking of the initiative Sarah Glennie said, “We are delighted to be able to offer a full day of free activities to our customers, both old and new. This day will allow many people of all ages to engage with the IFI’s rich and varied programme.” Full details of the programme will be announced online at www.ifi.ie at the end of January and tickets will only become available on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Most cinemas are about €5 before 6pm and offer child, student, pensioner and family discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

I'm a pretty skint student and I love to go to the cinema so I joined Cineworld on Parnell Street for 19.99 a month. It's a great deal and you can go to the Cinema any time you want. You also get some discounts in their food court sometimes if you're a member - but I try not to go in there because the sweets are so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Victor wrote: »
    Most cinemas are about €5 before 6pm and offer child, student, pensioner and family discounts.
    Where are these cinemas? All the ones I go to are about €7.50 before five, and that's a student price

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

The Ormonde in stillorgan is 6.50 on Tuesdays for a student and you get a small popcorn and a drink as well with that, pretty good deal. Also if you're a member of the L and H in UCD you get student 2 for 1 there monday to thursday which is a very sweet deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

I'm a pretty skint student and I love to go to the cinema so I joined Cineworld on Parnell Street for 19.99 a month. It's a great deal and you can go to the Cinema any time you want. You also get some discounts in their food court sometimes if you're a member - but I try not to go in there because the sweets are so expensive.

I was thinking of doing the same.

Can you pay per month or do you have to cough up the full year's total (12 months = €239.88) at the start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

You can pay by the month, that's what I do. The cinema staff set up a standing order for you and the money gets taken out on the same date every month - mine is paid on the 3rd of every month.

All you need is your bank details, photo I.D. and proof of address. I just showed them my passport and a recent bank statement and they set it all up for me.

Don't do it at the machines in the cinema, they only work with credit cards and british laser cards which are different from Irish laser cards (unless of course you have a credit card). I don't even have a laser card for my account, only an ATM card.

You just go to the desk and ask them to set it up. I'd advise that if you do want to get a Cineworld pass that you go up to the counter to set it up on a quiet day though as it takes about fifteen minutes and if there's a big queue behind you, they might ask you do come back at a quieter time.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppy08

Woah, great replies ( didn't think i'd get any!)

I've heard bout the Parnell street deal , though it sounds like the new-age gym membership to me, i dunno if i'd consisently watch that many movies? it could be worth investing into though, thanks MementoMori agus ismiseuisce ;)

IFI usually have a really good selection so the "open day" sounds promising

though D'oiler street is closest to Trinity so its that handiest for me

Advertisement