Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of Attic Conversion

• 14-01-2010 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone would have a rough idea of how much this attic conversion would cost? Here are a few details:

- The house is timber frame with a gable roof and the apex runs from front to back of the house. It is an end-terrace (don't know if that makes a difference to cost or not).

- The floor area of the house is approx 18ft x 27ft, so taking out the eaves, the conversion size would be approx 10-12ft x 27ft.

- It has a trussed roof.

- We'd be looking to put in a stairs going up the side of the house and a small landing and then converting the space into two equal sized rooms.

Any ideas? :)
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi
    Had mine done a few years ago, approx €40,000 but it was a big conversion , new roof+ 3 bedrooms and large bathroom now.
    Went with a spiral stairs to save space.
    I had 4x2 ceiling joists in and these are not good enough for the conversion, ran 9x2 parallel to ceiling joists and now have no cracked ceilings + if the kids a jumping around up stairs you will not hear them down stairs.
    I was in a house with attic conversion done wrong and you could hear every foot step that was made up stairs.
    Nearly drove me mad and i was only there for a few hours.
    Best of luck.

CC

Advertisement