Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miscarriage?

Options
  • 14-01-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Going unregistered for this. I'm not looking for medical advice as such but I think I may be having a miscarriage even though I didn't realise I was pregnant or trying to get pregnant.

Anyway looking back over the last two weeks I have been nauseous & boobs were really tender & sore. Today I started bleeding even though I'm mid cycle & I have cramps in my abdomin similar to period pain. Bleed is full of tissue/ clots.

Can my doctor tell for definate if I had a miscarriage? Is there a test he can do even if I wasn't that far along?
    By my estimation I would be, or would have been, between 4-6 weeks pregnant.

Not looking for medical advice but more a guide of what to look for off my GP & what to expect when I go to him. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭charlieroot

Intermenstraul bleeding can be caused by a number of things and can be due to miscarriage. You can also have bleeding due to implantation - though what you've described might not be consistent with this.

A pregnancy test and a chat with your GP would be my advice.

Mid cycle bleeds can happen, what happened to you happened to me pretty much exactly so I went to the doc and he did a pregnancy test and confirmed that I hadn't miscarried. He explained that the pregnancy test is based on hormones and even if I had miscarried in the previous day or two, the pregnancy hormones would turn a test positive albeit more faintly.

Hope that makes sense!

As above, get yourself to your GP for a chat. Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Your doctor should be able to do a pregnancy test and check if you have elevated hCG which would indicate you were pregnant and/or if you still are, some bleeding during pregnancy can happen.

Best of luck.

Advertisement