Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson W995 not working

• 14-01-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm with meteor and I signed up to a new yearly contract with them in October. I got the sony ericsson w995 from them. Within 3 weeks I turned the phone on one morning and this message came up on screen phone not compatible with battery. It would switch on but I would have no access to the network or anything.
    Because I was within the 30 days they replaced the phone no bother. I took the same phone again. It worked fine until today when I got the same message about the battery not being compatible with the phone. I would appreciate any advice on this. I live away from home during the week due to work and I am very dependent on my phone.
    Meteor will want to send it away and I can't be without a phone. What should I do?? Please help guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Exact same problem happened with my W995!! Got it in November and first week it gave the message it didn't recognise the battery so I got a new phone - happened again 27th Dec so brought it back to the 3G shop and they sent if off for repair & guess what! the shop closed down!!

I was lucky that there was a helpline no. on the news when the shop closed so called the helpline & 3G sent the phone directly to me by post.

I know with 02 that if you have the same fault with any phone 3 times (bar Iphone) they will replace the phone after the 30 day period - dont know what Meteors policy is but would you consider asking them for a loan phone while they send your handset away for repair again?? Kilsmum

Advertisement