Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake cheats

• 14-01-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

I think game more than any other had the biggest amount of Fake cheats goin

I remember Games Revolution had it on their phoneline that you can evolve Charlizard to a Charcoal, with a "mist stone"

and the one where you leave a chansey with the day care for ages, and apparently when you come back, they say she ran away, but left her egg, which will turn into a togepi :P

Comments

Yeah I had one before where my Beldum (?) and Magnemite (Female) were in daycare and the guy said the whole egg thing and I took it, Hatched about 4000 steps later into a Missingo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

MissingNo. is my favourite pokemon :p. The first gen games were very glitchy aswell. The mew glitch, the truck which apparrantly had mew under it :rolleyes: and of course MissingNo + Cinnibar Island + Unlimited items in slot 6 IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

MissingNo. is my favourite pokemon :p. The first gen games were very glitchy aswell. The mew glitch, the truck which apparrantly had mew under it :rolleyes: and of course MissingNo + Cinnibar Island + Unlimited items in slot 6 IIRC.
    They were real tho :P

They were, apart from Mew being under/in the truck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Pressing Up + B when you throw a Pokéball to increase the chances you'll catch the Pokémon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Lots of level ups with rare candies, and millions of masterballs thanks to Missingno. I was frightened by it when I was a kid though:eek:, I thought it would mess up my game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

A fake one I heard was leaving Pikachu at the day care for ages in Red/Blue, come back and it would have run away, but the Day Care Man would give you a Marill. I also don't remember if this was real or not, but I was told as well that if you pressed B and up when throwing a Pokeball, it'd make any ball like a Masterball

Pressing B + up had absolutely no effect whatsoever :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I kinda guessed it wouldn't, it'd be too good to be true :P plus, with the Missingno cheat, you wouldn't need it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I heard all kinds of variations on the Up+B thing. At one point it became "Don't press anything at all".

080619.gif

• Advertisement

Runour going around my school at the time was if you press A+B during Thunderbolt it's a one hit KO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Ah I remember one game this lovely little place got me copies of mew2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I thought the Mew rumours were, rumours, but they're not. There was a video showin how to get to glitch city

unreggd wrote: »
    I thought the Mew rumours were, rumours, but they're not. There was a video showin how to get to glitch city

Nope, the mew glitch is 100% real. I used it myself :D Also, contrary to popular belief, it does work in pokémon yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

elekid wrote: »
    Pressing Up + B when you throw a Pokéball to increase the chances you'll catch the Pokémon

I know it doesn't make any difference, but I still find myself doing this... :o

Haha, it's okay. I sometimes find myself hammering buttons when trying to catch rare pokémon :o

Advertisement