Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Balbriggan - best route?

Options
  • 14-01-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi ya. Travelling to Balbriggan for work starting Monday morning. Will probably cut accross country through Yellow Furze (4/5 miles south west of Slane). Just wondering what is the best route to take from there on in. I want to avoid the toll on the M1. Wouldn't be used to travelling in that direction. Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

When you go thru Senchelstown, you will come to the Ashbourne road and see a sign for Newgrange, turn right in the direction of Dublin,

take the Duleek exit and make your way through Duleek until you see a signpost for Julianstown, here you will find the by-pass the road it's next to the graveyard, on reaching the end of that route (near Mosney),

turn right and you will see a garage, one of the Apple ones, follow onwards and take the left signposted Balbriggan, alternatively you can carry onwards to the M1 and take a Balbriggan exit on there, it's pretty much the same distance, just depends where you are commuting to.

Need any further info just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Thats great tuition, thanks for that. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

There are lots of ways to go. I travel from Slane to the Naul regularly. If you have trouble getting onto the N1 you can take a number of routes off the n2 (Dublin Derry Road) and go across country. Try the last posters way first and if you don't like it pm me.

When it gets brighter head into the Naul and go home that way. You will get used to the different ways to go from there.

In fact the quickest way is to pass by my way but it's fairly complicated to explain. Basically head towards Newgrange and when you get into Donore you take right (at the church), you then take the next left (in direction of Platin). This would be slightly quicker than my advice above but harder to navigate if you are unaware of the area.

Going the way I posted, it's fairly straight-forward and can't imagine there is a quicker way.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Perhaps tution if I was travelling via Slane. I was looking for directions from Seneschalstown (south west of Donore) onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

malman wrote: »
    Perhaps tution if I was travelling via Slane. I was looking for directions from Seneschalstown (south west of Donore) onwards.

Are you close to Drogheda then? Just head up the Dublin road from Drogheda, through Julianstown and then head on up to the M1, you'll have bypassed the toll by that stage and not have to pay to use the M1

draffodx wrote: »
    Are you close to Drogheda then?

No.

You have to pass through Donore to get into Drogheda from Senchelstown.

The quickest way is through Donore and make way towards Platin, from there turn right onto the Platin road onwards to the Duleek-Ashbourne road (the same road), past platin you see the bypass for Julianstown, this is the quickest route but going on the Slane-Ashbourne road isn't much difference and easier to navigate.

Advertisement