Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patch help

• 14-01-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Bought FM 2010 today and downloaded the newest patch off the sigames website. Just wondering where do put the extracted files from the patch folder?

Also where do the logos and kits go?

(Haven't played the game in 3 years and can't remember any of this stuff:D)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Bought FM 2010 today and downloaded the newest patch off the sigames website. Just wondering where do put the extracted files from the patch folder?

Also where do the logos and kits go?

(Haven't played the game in 3 years and can't remember any of this stuff:D)

You just need to run the patch and it updates everything automatically. If you're adding in logos etc you need to create a 'graphics' folder from what I remember and lob them in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's no file to run it on the patch file. Here's a screenshot what is in the patch file.

screenshotkn.png

Told over on another forum, all you have to do is put .exe on the extension file, duh Gavin.:D

Yeah sorry, I knew that but it didn't click.

This game really doesn't like me, now it's not loading. Using a Windows 7 laptop so the shortcut is in "Games" click it and no action. Think I'm going to give Steam a try tomorrow as I've reinstalled the game twice still with no joy.

• Advertisement

This game really doesn't like me, now it's not loading. Using a Windows 7 laptop so the shortcut is in "Games" click it and no action. Think I'm going to give Steam a try tomorrow as I've reinstalled the game twice still with no joy.

Think I had that problem as well but it's so bloody long ago I can barely remember. I'm using 64-bit W7 so I went into c:/ - program files(x86) - sports interactive - fm. Run it from there + send a shortcut to your desktop. The 'games' thing is probably one of the most annoying things about W7.

cashville wrote: »
    Think I had that problem as well but it's so bloody long ago I can barely remember. I'm using 64-bit W7 so I went into c:/ - program files(x86) - sports interactive - fm. Run it from there + send a shortcut to your desktop. The 'games' thing is probably one of the most annoying things about W7.

Cheers, I was using the shortcut in "Games" and it wouldn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Bruce Buffer

Sorry I'm brutal with computers.

I just downloaded the patch for football manager 2010.

What exactly do I do to get it working??

Didn't pick the stem (Sp?) option when i installed the game btw.

Thanks

Sorry I'm brutal with computers.

I just downloaded the patch for football manager 2010.

What exactly do I do to get it working??

Didn't pick the stem (Sp?) option when i installed the game btw.

Thanks

Rename it to .exe and then just run it, it will update everything itself then.

Rename it to .exe and then just run it, it will update everything itself then.

I downloaded the patch. Renamed it .exe but when i click on it it just opens up an Internet window and nothing happens saying it cant find the programme to open the file???

Sorry I know its probably sumthin simple but im terrible on computers and just use it for FM.

EDIT: Would I be better uninstalling the game and installing it through steam???

• Advertisement

Did you download it from here?

http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p=patches

If not, where did you get it from? What was the file named before you changed it to .exe. You shouldn't have to re-install it or install via the Steam method, it should just work.

Did you download it from here?

http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p=patches

If not, where did you get it from? What was the file named before you changed it to .exe. You shouldn't have to re-install it or install via the Steam method, it should just work.

Cheers for the help mate. Got it now.

Advertisement