Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

yearly kilometers.

• 14-01-2010 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

what type of kms do you guys do a year .

i only got started on the road bike mid summer ,i managed just 3,000.
    i hope to do a lot more this year if there is roads left to cycle on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

I do roughly 10,000km a year (well thats what I did this year anyway!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

6517km on the Good Bike:). Have no idea what I did on the dog runs etc and mtb

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Started last March, looks like I'll be up to about 6000 by end of 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Garlic Suplmnt

I'm back cycling for the first time since my teens since June last year, clocked up roughly 1200k on the ol' hybrid through commuting and evening/weekend spins in 2009. 2010 will be the year of the road bike for me as I've fallen madly back in love with the rothar. I expect I'll at least treble last year's tally :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Needs a poll. Logged over 9,000km from July-till my garmin broke in December so reckon 15-18k this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭corkandproud

Just over 1,500 since July. Happy with that on a hybrid - my goal was 1,000.

Goal for for 201 is undecided yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

blorg wrote: »
    Needs a poll. Logged over 9,000km from July-till my garmin broke in December so reckon 15-18k this year.

thats fair going .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

blorg wrote: »

Christ, some mileage, well done. You must eat like a horse to keep that going, wonder what your yearly food bill is like.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Kilometres? Imperial is a far superior system, as can be confirmed by the fact that I clocked approximately 33,802.68 furlongs last year at an average of 147.1 fph:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Beasty wrote: »
    Kilometres? Imperial is a far superior system, as can be confirmed by the fact that I clocked approximately 33,802.68 furlongs last year at an average of 147.1 fph:)

Neighsayer.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lumen wrote: »
    Neighsayer.
    Nay lad, yer blethering

Don't have anything other than a Cateye (which I got last March or so and have reset several times) but after some rough numbers I'd guess somewhere around 6 or 7,000 km. Think on the thread last year I was at something like 3,000 or 4,000 so I'm pretty happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Haldir

Around 8,500 kms last year. I use www.bikejournal.com to log the kms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

No idea, should really log them all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Did 7,000+ kms last year, looking to get to 8,000 this year.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

Had 2 bikes on the go last year , between both 14,590 km (Oct '08 to Oct '09 ) don't expect to get anywhere near that next year though because I missed the best part of a month with the recent cold snap .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

About 6500. Daily commute only, never seem to get time to get out on a spin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

9200km approx.

Cycled to work twice this week so the 17 days up to that was longest spell without cycling in past year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

At a rough guess, in the absence of any kind of cycle computer, I think 7000km. All utility cycling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

At a rough approximation, between 3,500 and 4,000. Will be hoping to up that to around the 8,000 mark for this year, minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paddyduc

8004.23km roughly last year.I'm commuting this year so i hope to break the 10k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

According to the computer it was 6k and bit of change from the end of March to the end of December.

This year I'm hoping to get to 10k and beyond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

8327km - less than 500km of that was commuting.

I would hope to pass 12000km this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

Deisetrek wrote: »
    Had 2 bikes on the go last year , between both 14,590 km (Oct '08 to Oct '09 ) don't expect to get anywhere near that next year though because I missed the best part of a month with the recent cold snap .

Just reviving an old thread here (by replying to my own post??) Did the calculations on both bikes tonight Oct 1st '09 to Oct 1st '10 and actually did manage to beat last years total after all . Beat the 15000 km barrier this year , total for the 2 bikes I have on the go , 15680 km .........happy with that , another goal achieved for me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

This year, almost zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Haven't really been keeping track and I managed to lose one speedo this year and then inadvertantly zero my new one. I think both times I had about 3,500km on them. I now have about 1,000km on it, and it's about a year along, so...8,000km? I do about the same mileage on my bike as in my car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

seamus wrote: »
    I do about the same mileage on my bike as in my car.

I've noticed I do almost twice the distance on my bike as I do in my car, even on the low months.
    Annoyingly though I do spend about as much on the bike as I do on my car :(

As for yearly kilometers, having a goal really helps push the numbers up. Reviewing mine recently, I covered more distance last December than I did in any of the last three months. And December was dark, cold, wet, windy, snowy, etc but fun :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm on about 7,000km, it would be more but the last month I've been using my free time to concentrate on driving, which obviously didn't work out so now I'm unfit to drive and cycle :mad:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Just checked my Garmin Connect and its telling me i have done 10'281Km for the 2010 season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

About 2,500 since February, only get a chance to get out on the bike once a week. Will be hoping for somewhere between 3,500/4,000 by year-end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Somewhere between 11000 and 12000 kms this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

Approaching 10,000 km to date for 2010.

(does turbo trainer count? If so add c75 hours cycling)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

2,200 kms last year - my first year as a cyclist since, oh, eh, 198..., a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

7262 kms since the start of the year, bit of planning needed if I want to get to 10,000 by the end of the year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Ryaner wrote: »
    I've noticed I do almost twice the distance on my bike as I do in my car, even on the low months.
    Annoyingly though I do spend about as much on the bike as I do on my car :(

As for yearly kilometers, having a goal really helps push the numbers up. Reviewing mine recently, I covered more distance last December than I did in any of the last three months. And December was dark, cold, wet, windy, snowy, etc but fun :)

I was the same, did loads of miles in November and December and got very lazy once I actually started racing. Race night was generally 100k but on top of that I usually only had one spin to work and maybe a quick spin up howth.

Think I'm at about 7,000k now and aiming for 10,000 by 1 Jan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Just got a cateye at the beginning of August and have notched up 1200km since then on the hybrid, all leisure cycling. Probably be a bit less than this in the Autumn and Winter as I'll be down to one biggish weekend spin per week.

Would love to aim for 10,000km next year, which is really going to require a cycling holiday or two to up the numbers. Now how to sell that idea to the family...?

Advertisement