Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Seomra Spraoi

Options
  • 14-01-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

Some of you may know Seomra Spraoi, and anyone who doesn't, a quick google will tell you it's a non-profit, self-run social centre off Mountjoy Square. They're trying to win a car on Gumtree, and are only 100 votes off it, and the winners are just normal people who want a car, IMO Seomra Spraoi are much more deserving.

By the way, I'm not remotely affiliated, I played a gig there last year, and it's a great place, with no money.

Vote here: http://www.gumtree-winsomewheels.com/individual_entry.php?id=660

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

done!
    when i went on there earlier the girl in the lead was a student who needed a car to get to college but also had lots of pets to feed and said she had no money...if she sold the lovely big camera in her photo she may have some money....

seomra spraoi do deserve it more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Never been to Seomra Spraoi despite the fact its literally across the road from me. Im definatly going to try make it to a gig there this year. I think the whole concept of a place like seomra Spraoi is great. Will defo give them a vote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

I also suggest people vote for Seomra Spraoi.

@Panda.

I'm organising this gig in Seomra later this month. Might see ya there. :cool:

bprp4.jpg

I went there one day last year and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. There were only a few people there but they were very friendly, intelligent and welcoming to newcomers. The little library and kitchen are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I voted and I would urge others to do so as well.

This is a case where a relatively small group of people can make a difference.

Rather than have the car go to an individual far better to have the car go to a organisation that does good work for the community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Looks like something's helping anyway, Seomra Spraoi is now topping the leaderboard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Someone complained that SS isn't an individual, so they got taken off. They've had someone else run in their place, but with only 300 odd votes I'm not very hopeful. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

1968 wrote: »
    I also suggest people vote for Seomra Spraoi.

@Panda.

I'm organising this gig in Seomra later this month. Might see ya there. :cool:

I'll go if you play this...

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

fullstop wrote: »

done.

Did Derrick rip off Symarip or visa versa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Gumtree ay?

Most likely a scam :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

voted

Advertisement