Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post count and stats

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

ynotdu wrote: »
    Hey Conor respect our privacy!!!!!!!!!!

You (it says)have 800 posts since 2003,Let us check that as We can be checked!!!!!:p
    Sincerely, Totally outraged:mad:

Jeez we are stuck with ALL our bullsh*t posts that we regret and are helpless to take them back!................no fair.......:o:o:o

Try being around nearly 9 years. I talked so much crap when I was younger... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Hey Conor respect our privacy!!!!!!!!!!

Posts placed in the public view on a website are not private by definition. This is not a privacy issue. Note also that the only information I revealed was the fact that the OP was in the top 10 posters by posting speed.

In addition, a large part of my job (I'm an employee of Boards.ie Ltd) is to measure and monitor the patterns of posting on the site. We need to do this for several reasons, mostly related to capacity planning. The rate at which new posts appear is a critical piece of knowledge that we need to know in order to keep the site up and running.
    You (it says)have 800 posts since 2003,Let us check that as We can be checked!!!!!:p

I have 811 posts in total as of now.
    Sincerely, Totally outraged:mad:

Really? By publishing info that anyone can deduce?
    Jeez we are stuck with ALL our bullsh*t posts that we regret and are helpless to take them back!................no fair.......:o:o:o

I regret some posts (mostly with my personal account, IRLConor, but I'm sure if I look I'll find some posts with this account that I'd prefer I hadn't written) but, to me, it's the price of posting stuff online. The fact that what I post will be visible for a long time with my name attached is a factor in keeping me honest. With the power to have your words read by hundreds/thousands of people comes the responsibility to not act the maggot when it's not appropriate. When it is appropriate to mess around, there's no shame in doing it and no-one worth thinking about will judge you for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

nesf wrote: »
    Try being around nearly 9 years. I talked so much crap when I was younger... :pac:

Lol nesf,i know in some/many?:eek: posts i talk crap and knowing Me i will continue to do despite My best efforts not to!:o:(:)

Conor wrote: »
    Posts placed in the public view on a website are not private by definition. This is not a privacy issue. Note also that the only information I revealed was the fact that the OP was in the top 10 posters by posting speed.

In addition, a large part of my job (I'm an employee of Boards.ie Ltd) is to measure and monitor the patterns of posting on the site. We need to do this for several reasons, mostly related to capacity planning. The rate at which new posts appear is a critical piece of knowledge that we need to know in order to keep the site up and running.

I have 811 posts in total as of now.

Really? By publishing info that anyone can deduce?

I regret some posts (mostly with my personal account, IRLConor, but I'm sure if I look I'll find some posts with this account that I'd prefer I hadn't written) but, to me, it's the price of posting stuff online. The fact that what I post will be visible for a long time with my name attached is a factor in keeping me honest. With the power to have your words read by hundreds/thousands of people comes the responsibility to not act the maggot when it's not appropriate. When it is appropriate to mess around, there's no shame in doing it and no-one worth thinking about will judge you for it.

Hi,ya Conner and thanks for the reply.I really have to learn to use the emocians/smileys at correct time in correct place:)

the respect our privacy bit was a leg-pull,it is fun having a go at Mods/admins/staff and even Devore just for craic.trying to ensure people realise i am trying to be lighthearted is something i Totally fail at sometimes!:),but mostly boardsies are a forgiving lot!

Devore has said about {in particulor serious threads}that the ability to delete or change a post lasts only 48 hours,after that I/We are stuck with whatever we have posted,in order that a quick 'revision' of history cannot be done!

It is that ethos and the fact that history will be preserved 'as it happened'that i respect boards for!!!{so little is put on paper now how will future historians be able to understand the past?}

It is a Living record of where we as people and as a Nation where at a particulor day in our personal or National thinking.
    So even if My badly thought out Bull*hit posts are there for posterity:o:o:o.it is a small price to pay!:):):)

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Conor wrote: »
    Nah, that would only encourage competition. :)

Quality is more important than quantity.
    just to ask. is post count rate based on posts posted on weekly basis or from overall basis. Ie if lets say Poster posted 100 texts in first week and then lets say ten thereafter would his post count rate be reflected in what he posted thereafter.

• Advertisement

just to ask. is post count rate based on posts posted on weekly basis or from overall basis. Ie if lets say Poster posted 100 texts in first week and then lets say ten thereafter would his post count rate be reflected in what he posted thereafter.

It's an overall average.

I know you can't post the name of the person, Conor, but what's the figure for the person with the highest "real" (i.e. including posts that aren't normally included) post rate?

I know you can't post the name of the person, Conor, but what's the figure for the person with the highest "real" (i.e. including posts that aren't normally included) post rate?

I don't have the stats to hand (I generated them as a "once off" thing) but if I remember correctly it was in the region of 80 posts per day.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Years ago on Boards, the little tag line underneath the members username, used to say something different depending on the number of posts they had. For the top posters, it says "No Life" which is extremely apt imo - I recon we bring it back!

Zascar wrote: »
    Years ago on Boards, the little tag line underneath the members username, used to say something different depending on the number of posts they had. For the top posters, it says "No Life" which is extremely apt imo - I recon we bring it back!
    think thats a good idea. Would at least demystify the whole thing.

• Advertisement

Zascar I think the Cmod should ban you for no life life after that!:)

500 posts could nab you a "No Life" title back then iirc. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

nesf wrote: »
    500 posts could nab you a "No Life" title back then iirc. ;)

Was it not a thousand posts?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Oh really I thought it was a certain amount of posts per day..

Rabies wrote: »
    Was it not a thousand posts?

Can't remember, you're quite possibly correct.

Hobbes was the sole holder of the title for ages too iirc.

There was a poster here who recently signed up under a duplicate name (assume it was because of boards breakdown). But his posts were wiped. As such he was handed a clean start. Should his old posts have been factored in.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

There was a poster here who recently signed up under a duplicate name (assume it was because of boards breakdown). But his posts were wiped. As such he was handed a clean start. Should his old posts have been factored in.

Noones posts were wiped. They created an account with a very similar name, and should they request it, once it is gotten to on the queue (assuming there is one) the accounts will be merged.

This is what I believe is happening with these type of accounts, but what I do know is that a persons account was not reset becuase of the attack thing. Obviously, I can't know that for 100% certainty as I am not involved in it, but I can be fairly sure of it.

In that case why his zero post count. It was same poster from previous incarnation as he got immediate access to soccer boards without clocking up the fifty posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

In that case why his zero post count. It was same poster from previous incarnation as he got immediate access to soccer boards without clocking up the fifty posts.

Because the posts on his new account are now credited to his old account afaik.

Because the posts on his new account are now credited to his old account afaik.
    yes but surely his post count should have been added on.

• Advertisement

I don't know who you are talking about, but I'm guessing the post count rule would be waived for the SF if the mods are happy that the new account really is belonging to who it seems to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

I wonder is there any statistics for the average amount of warnings/infractions/bans users have.

For example Ive one warning (nothing else) and 492 posts so my misbehavior stat is 1 warning per 492 posts.

It would be interesting to see what the average rate is to compare myself to.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I wonder is there any statistics for the average amount of warnings/infractions/bans users have.

For example Ive one warning (nothing else) and 492 posts so my misbehavior stat is 1 warning per 492 posts.

That would be meaningless, given that warnings etc. have only been around a couple of years so results would be skewed against newbies.

i "think", i'm around 5 bannings and a few infactions.......

So much for me getting my hands on some Modutils :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I've never been infracted or banned :o

I'd like to see a breakdown of the forums I've posted in, and how much I've posted in each, would be interesting

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

I'd like to see a breakdown of the forums I've posted in, and how much I've posted in each, would be interesting

You can already do that, to a certain extent. Just do an advanced search with your username and the forum your interested in. With one caveat: if you've over 500 posts in said forum it wont come up as more than 500, due to the limitation on the number of results that can be returned.

For example, you've 16 posts in the whole science category and 0 posts in popular science. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=10715079 Never judge a book by its cover, eh? :D

You can already do that, to a certain extent. Just do an advanced search with your username and the forum your interested in. With one caveat: if you've over 500 posts in said forum it wont come up as more than 500, due to the limitation on the number of results that can be returned.

For example, you've 16 posts in the whole science category and 0 posts in popular science. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=10715079 Never judge a book by its cover, eh? :D

I smiled..:)

500 posts per forum, eh?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I lurk science a lot more than I post, I'm still a learning :) Thanks though

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

pfft,
    On boards years and feck all posts from me

# Total Posts: 13,570
    # Posts Per Day: 4.43
    # Join Date: Oct 2001

Advertisement