Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus 15Mbps broadband problems.

• 14-01-2010 9:56pm

I just had the 15Mbps chorus package installed last week but I am finding it very slow. Its noticeable when browsing, streaming etc and I have also tested it with speedtest.net. Just now I got a download speed of 0.5Mbps. I have got speeds of around 12Mbps during the day but it always appears to be around 1Mbps or less(mostly) at night. Now I know 15Mbps will never be seen but I expect it to be around 6 to 12Mbps depending on the time of day. Has anyone had a similar problem or does it really get that slow at peak usage times?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I just had the 15Mbps chorus package installed last week but I am finding it very slow. Its noticeable when browsing, streaming etc and I have also tested it with speedtest.net. Just now I got a download speed of 0.5Mbps. I have got speeds of around 12Mbps during the day but it always appears to be around 1Mbps or less(mostly) at night. Now I know 15Mbps will never be seen but I expect it to be around 6 to 12Mbps depending on the time of day. Has anyone had a similar problem or does it really get that slow at peak usage times?

More info in this UPC superthread. Read ~10 pages from the end, you'll find that you are not alone.

Advertisement