Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Provisional/Learners Permit Query

• 14-01-2010 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Ok I know a question similar to this has been asked in the past, but I just want to make sure that I'm right...

Basically got my first provisional licence when I was 17/18 (can't really remember which). Ordinarily, this would have been valid for 2 years, correct?

So I've since lost that licence. I am now 23, so roughly 5/6 have passed since I first got it, but if it was valid for 2 years that means it has only been EXPIRED for 3/4 years, and therefore I can apply for my second provisional licence without having to go back to square one, yes? (i.e. hasn't been expired for more than 5yrs)

I booked my Theory Test for tomorrow as I thought I had to start all over again, but now I'm thinking actually I can just apply for a second provisional licence and accompany it with a lost/stolen form for the first one...??

Hope that makes sense! Basically I need to know asap if I should go do the theory test tomorrow morning or if that would be a waste of time :P

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭*Simone*

Thanks a mill. So all I need is my learners permit form, a lost/stolen form from garda station, and I bring these with 2 photos and ID to the Motor Tax Office and Im good to go?

I have the learners permit form here, and I don't see a question anywhere asking if I'm applying for a Second Learners permit, of details about when my first one expired. Will they just know that from their records? Because I really don't know when the exact expiry date was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭*Simone*

Yeah, Q.13 says "have you previously held a learner permit?" but doesn't ask how many or which you are applying for now.

But anyway I think I get the gist of how to proceed! Thank you.

Would it be exceedingly rude if I didn't ring ahead and tell the Theory Test people that I'm not attending anymore? The test is for 9am. That's very early to get up just to make a phone call :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement