Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streaming Problem.. Windows 7 / WMP / Windows Media Center

• 14-01-2010 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

This is driving me ever so slightly mental!

I have a new laptop with Windows 7 (used to have XP). I used to stream all my music/videos using WMP 11. So on my Xbox I'd just go to:

My Xbox -> Video Library -> My Laptop -> Browse my folders & watch whatever

Which used to work perfectly. So now I'm trying to get this running again on Windows 7 and it just won't work!

I have setup streaming in WMP 12 & I've connected Windows Media Center to the xbox aswell.

First Problem: WMC was extremely slow when browsing my media, taking 10sec to move from one folder to the next. I found out that by disabling animations in settings, it cured this. Works ok now but it still won't play my videos. WMC is connected fine & I can see all my media, it just won't play them.

Second Problem: I would like to just watch it the old way but the xbox refuses to connect to or see my laptop. I can't understand it as it connects fine to WMC!

Any ideas before I give up and go check into my local asylum ?!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Use Tversirty, worked for me when I couldnt get my xbox to connect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Cheers, think i'll have to give that a try this evening...

You'd think Microsoft would make their latest releases i.e. Windows 7 / WMP 12 / Windows Media Center compatabile with each other... At the moment WMC, is just plain unworkable on the Xbox

Ah well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

rcs wrote: »
    Cheers, think i'll have to give that a try this evening...

You'd think Microsoft would make their latest releases i.e. Windows 7 / WMP 12 / Windows Media Center compatabile with each other... At the moment WMC, is just plain unworkable on the Xbox

Ah well :rolleyes:
    Works excellently for me, I watch TV and all through it. The only slight problem I have is it seems to take about 10 seconds after I switch to BBC-HD before I get picture, sound comes straight away. Not sure if it's Xbox related or router related!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

rcs wrote: »
    This is driving me ever so slightly mental!

I have a new laptop with Windows 7 (used to have XP). I used to stream all my music/videos using WMP 11. So on my Xbox I'd just go to:

My Xbox -> Video Library -> My Laptop -> Browse my folders & watch whatever

Which used to work perfectly. So now I'm trying to get this running again on Windows 7 and it just won't work!

I have setup streaming in WMP 12 & I've connected Windows Media Center to the xbox aswell.

First Problem: WMC was extremely slow when browsing my media, taking 10sec to move from one folder to the next. I found out that by disabling animations in settings, it cured this. Works ok now but it still won't play my videos. WMC is connected fine & I can see all my media, it just won't play them.

Second Problem: I would like to just watch it the old way but the xbox refuses to connect to or see my laptop. I can't understand it as it connects fine to WMC!

Any ideas before I give up and go check into my local asylum ?!?

Same issues here, one thing i noticed is that for some reason, when i connect to WMC ont he xbox, it disconnects my laptop from the internet, which is odd. Anyway, i got it working in the end, by messing about with the permissions in network and sharing > advanced permissions settings. I just set it to allow streaming for everyone. It seems to work fine for me now. And i installed media browser too which makes it look fuppin sexy :D

gbp6ykujjst6u6dpzd.jpg

Advertisement