Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving lessons in Limerick

Options
  • 14-01-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Basically I'm planning to take some lessons before I take the driving test. Any recommendations? I can spend not more than 30e/h and need a dual car, dont trust myself yet :D
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Shannonside School of motoring in Clareview, Tom O'Mahony. You cant go wrong with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Richard delaney on the shelbourne road helped me pass first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I'd recommend Shannon as it has the highest pass rate in the country, this is due to the planned nature of the town and low traffic volumes.

My old instructor was a sound German guy called Markus Gutt. His no. is 0866022099

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

I did mine in shannon and passed, but I wouldnt be complacent about shannon, its not as easy as it seems to be made out to be. Unless your from there of course.
    Best do a test where you know the routes inside out.
    I did a much better test in the first time in Limerick only I hit a curb when reversing so that was that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Agree with Phog, Tom O'Mahoney is the guy to go to. Got me through it first time. Nice guy too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

phog wrote: »
    Shannonside School of motoring in Clareview, Tom O'Mahony. You cant go wrong with him.
    Agree with Phog, Tom O'Mahoney is the guy to go to. Got me through it first time. Nice guy too.

+1

Started lessons with Tom this time last year, passed my test in March. He's excellent at what he does: teaching people how to drive properly and safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1892

Tom is a legend. Six of my friends took the test within 12 months of each other. All passed with Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

I'm in Toms fan club too :D
    Passed first time, 3 years ago.

Lovely patient man, You'll never forget SPO :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭blank_screen

I see there is no other choice, I'll ring Tom :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I learnt the 2nd time with AJ with driverite. I found him great and he is very planned and organised with a folder of diagrams and situations you are likely to experience.

has his own website too:

http://www.driverite.ie/index.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement