Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have invented a new joke

• 14-01-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

So, I was listened to Off the Ball yesterday on Newstalk, and they were talking about Ricky Hatton - a boxer who fluctates in weight, and seemingly needs to lose five stone to get back into his former weight class.
    Then one of the Newstalk guys made a comment to the other Newstalk guy about how he (the second guy) had lost five stone recently. I didn't get it and assume it was a bit of insider humour.
    And then, it hit me...
    Ricky Hatton needs to lose five stone eh? Why, that guy couldn't lose five pounds if he had a hole in his wallet!

Ok - I don't know Ricky Hatton at all. And apparently he's quite good at losing weight. And, I am aware that we are in a euro zone and the good
    old punt is long gone.
    But I still thought it was funny. Then again, I have a short attention span, so maybe I was really laughing at something else.

What do you think? If you were in England and were talking about a chubby friend who is consistently unsuccessful in their weight loss mission, and didn't mind paying me the €10 royalty fee - would you use this?

And, being a realist, I am forced to concede that maybe somebody, somewhere, has come up with a variation of this particular play on words before. But, as far as I'm concerned, I never heard it and, therefore, I invented it. Anyway, my version is the only one that involves Ricky Hatton.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

What you talking bout? They'll lock you up for that RUN!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Run Hatton run ............but don't eat the box of chocolates!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You, sir or madam, are a NATIONAL HERO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

My brain has a pain in it .....owwww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭scotchy

Trent is now so yesterday.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

That joke has infected my humour! I can't stop laughing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

M&S* wrote: »
    That joke has infected my humour! I can't stop laughing

You sir have been diagnosed with laughing fever! :D

You have four months to live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

lazza.JPG'ELLO DAVE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

yesterday's gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

what did the chinese man do after his wife divorced him?

he went back to wang-king.

• Advertisement
Advertisement