Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Exchange

Options
  • 14-01-2010 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

I saved a bit of sterling from working the odd weekend in the UK, i was paid in cash after all the deductions, being from outside the UK.

I was wondering where can i get it changed to euros, does it have to be lodged in my account

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

It does not have to be lodged, can be changed at most banks for cash.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Just something to be aware of, if you change it for cash you'll be charged commission, however some banks don't charge commission if you lodge it to your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Credit Unions are often good for FX. Normally don't charge commission to members, but that will depend on the particular CU.

Advertisement