Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you perfect horse?

Options
  • 14-01-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭

I'm curious, what's everyone idea of a perfect horse. Colour, size, markings, breed and temperment if you want. It doesn't have to be real or even possible, just if you could decide to make a horse, what would it be like?

Bear in mind guys everyone is of their own opinion so no critizing. I don't want to have this thread closed down!

For me, it has to be a big 17hh or so white Andalusian with a long, wavy black mane. A quiet temperment when being ridden but almost wild when not except if it trusts you. Gender doen't matter. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lulubell

My Beautiful Black Friesian Gelding!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

I've always secretly wanted a black and white saddlebred :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Had to put him down aged 21, Clyde x TB.
    Anyway:
    I like a heavier horse, has to be at least 16hh., bombproof on road, ideally a gelding. Has a few set of gears, not just stop and go! Snaffle mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

TB / 3/4 bred, 16hh grey with darker mane & tail:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Wanted: TB horse, approx. 16.2hh capable of doing everything from racing to showing to hunting. Must be upright, with straight action. Great presence and character a necessity. Playfulness and cheekiness also a requirement. Ability to open stable doors and gates also a benefit. Must love hounds.

Oh, hang on.... This sounds like the horse that's currently in his stable trying to open the door! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I have always loved arabians, and I got one!
    (although I did want a grey one :rolleyes: - got a light bay instead!)

My dream horse was always a dappled greay connemaraX arab, around 14.2-15hh (I'm very short!).

As I have my arab who has a LOT of grey in her family, my dream could be a reality if I be very picky when looking for a connemara stallion! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

convert wrote: »
    Wanted: TB horse, approx. 16.2hh capable of doing everything from racing to showing to hunting. Must be upright, with straight action. Great presence and character a necessity. Playfulness and cheekiness also a requirement. Ability to open stable doors and gates also a benefit. Must love hounds.

Oh, hang on.... This sounds like the horse that's currently in his stable trying to open the door! :)

Sounds like my horse :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

I dont have a 'dream' or 'perfect' horse at all really. Any horse you click with is brilliant to be honest. I have three that I ride and they're all so different to one another. Really click with my OTTB though. He's just a lovely character and so willing and fab to ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭bada-bing

ok... ideally 15.2, loves to jump, really dappled grey, dark points, connemara x TB maybe, stocky enough but with a lovely neat head.. and definately cheeky!! but bombproof in traffic. Thats what im after:D! oooh and with a comfy canter!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

bada-bing wrote: »
    ok... ideally 15.2, loves to jump, really dappled grey, dark points, connemara x TB maybe, stocky enough but with a lovely neat head.. and definately cheeky!! but bombproof in traffic. Thats what im after:D! oooh and with a comfy canter!

Damn, I know a dapple grey Connemara cross mare who loves to jump, is cheeky, has a comfy canter, and has a head like a teddy (I dunno how else to describe it, it's just really cute)!! Unfortuantly she isn't bombproof or 15.2 (shes 14.1) and she doesn't have TB in her. She fairly stocky without being heavyboned (if that makes sense, probably not). :)

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

I have always loved arabians, and I got one!
    (although I did want a grey one :rolleyes: - got a light bay instead!)

My dream horse was always a dappled greay connemaraX arab, around 14.2-15hh (I'm very short!).

As I have my arab who has a LOT of grey in her family, my dream could be a reality if I be very picky when looking for a connemara stallion! :D

My dream horse would be a dappled grey connemara X arab around 15hh-15.2hh :D snaps! I would also prefer a gelding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ADDON

An Irish Draught horse, eithe rmare or gelding.

Safe, Sane and Strong..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Clydesdale with inbuilt ladder as I am two hands higher than a duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rollingrock1

Anything over 17hh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Please don't drag up old threads.

Advertisement