Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

References

Options
  • 15-01-2010 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, i have been in my current job for the past 6 years. Its been my first job since finishing college.
    Anyway i would like to go back to college and i have an application to fill out where they ask for references.
    I have one sorted already and asked my manager last week was it ok to get a reference for college. He said it was fine. He comes to me this week and tells me its company policy not to. I know a lad who got one when he left. So i think iv been lied to. What can i do?

Its been years since i last had contact with previous employers. And my college probably wouldn't remember me. So don't know who else to use. Should i ask HR what exactly company policy is because it was fine last week?

Advertisement