Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecoshop - gone

Options
  • 15-01-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭

They've closed down - a shame - they had a lot of interesting stuff that you can't get elsewhere. Meridian Point really is a graveyard for businesses.

http://ecoshop.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

loyatemu wrote: »
    They've closed down - a shame - they had a lot of interesting stuff that you can't get elsewhere. Meridian Point really is a graveyard for businesses.

http://ecoshop.ie/

Thats why it's called The Titanic Centre. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

bido wrote: »
    Thats why it's called The Titanic Centre. :D

:confused:

I've never heard it called that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

In fairness the stuff they had was expensive.. Shame really, I liked popping in there now and again..

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

I liked the concept but the pricing structure was ridiculous. Far too expensive.

Shame though.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Meridian Point really is a graveyard for businesses.

It's quite badly laid out - I think that the carpark being so open gives it a bit of an ugly feel

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

It reminds me of the shopping center that opened up in Stillorgan opposite the original one. That never took off either and ended up being the cinema.
    Lets hope they put a cinema in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its the lack of a proper anchor tenant - there's no compelling reason for people to go into the place - even the Heaton's is very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

- there's no compelling reason for people to go into the place - .

There is now - the dole/pension/social welfare queues at the post office are often very long

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭dreamingoak

apparently the eco shop has gone online till they find another location.. meridian centre was too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

apparently the eco shop has gone online till they find another location.. meridian centre was too expensive.

Are they gone from Paul Sexton's Garden Centre on the N11 as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Are they gone from Paul Sexton's Garden Centre on the N11 as well?
    They left there when they moved to Greystones didn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I didn't think so.

You can get a lot of the food stuff they had in Natures Gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vanya

the ecoshop.ie website does not seem to be working very well, anyone looking to get into it try:

http://www.ecostore.ie/acatalog/Briquette_Maker.html

seemed to be the only way I could get in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

Dont thinks thats the correct site
    That one is ecostore.ie
    The greystones one is www.ecoshop.ie and it seems to be offline at the moment! Probably getting sorted or something like that.

Advertisement