Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going back to social welfare

• 15-01-2010 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Read through faq's, stickies and social welfare site. No joy answering my question.

I was on jobseekers assistance back in october/november. I was working in a bar doing casual work and still am but stopped my payments when I took up a 2nd job. I've since finished working the second job and hoping to get back onto jsa. Would my social office still have me on file or do I have to go through the whole application process again?

Thanks. Really appreciate all replies :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

congo_90 wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Read through faq's, stickies and social welfare site. No joy answering my question.

I was on jobseekers assistance back in october/november. I was working in a bar doing casual work and still am but stopped my payments when I took up a 2nd job. I've since finished working the second job and hoping to get back onto jsa. Would my social office still have me on file or do I have to go through the whole application process again?

Thanks. Really appreciate all replies :)

If you were to show up at the sw office with all your ducks in a row i.e., bring all your paperwork, P45, bank statements for the last 6 months, photo id., evidence of address etc., it's very possible that the processing time would be significantly shorter than you might have experienced when you first applied. Seems they are aware that people are taking up jobs that may not last and they are extending themselves to faciliate those efforts and smooth the path a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭nellocon

Hi,
    I was going to post a new thread but this seems an appropriate place...I will soon have to go back on the dole it seems. I have been working for the last 6 months in full time employment. I am wondering will I be able to claim Job seekers benefit? I know it depends on PRSI payment or something..To date I have only paid about 700 euro in PRSI...

Am I entitled to JB or will I have to go to JA...Also how much is the JB now?

Many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

I'm waiting on the p45 to arrive but other than that i'm good to go. Does it matter if i go the original sw office or could i go to Blanchardstown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭nellocon

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with my question 2 posts up, re: JSB?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 joey joe joe

Hi people

I have recently singed up for 3 day benefits on the social welfare and was wondering how long it takes to receive them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

nellocon wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was going to post a new thread but this seems an appropriate place...I will soon have to go back on the dole it seems. I have been working for the last 6 months in full time employment. I am wondering will I be able to claim Job seekers benefit? I know it depends on PRSI payment or something..To date I have only paid about 700 euro in PRSI...

Am I entitled to JB or will I have to go to JA...Also how much is the JB now?

Many thanks

Full JB is Euro 196.00 weekly - same as the full (but means tested) JSA.
    Jobseekers Benefit would be based mainly on your contributions during the year 2008. See following excerpt fom http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/unemployed-people/unemployment_benefit

Social insurance (PRSI) contributions

In order to qualify for Jobseeker's Benefit, you must pay Class A, H or P PRSI contributions. Class A is the one paid by most private sector employees. Class H is paid by soldiers, reservists and temporary army nurses, who do not qualify for Jobseeker's Benefit until they have left the army.

* At least 104 weeks PRSI paid since you first started work

And

* Have 39 weeks PRSI paid or credited in the relevant tax year (a minimum of 13 weeks must be paid contributions*)

Or

* Have 26 weeks PRSI paid in the relevant tax year and 26 weeks PRSI paid in the tax year immediately before the relevant tax year.

*If you do not have 13 paid contributions in the relevant tax year, you must have the 13 contributions paid in any of one the following years:

* The 2 tax years before the relevant tax year
    * The last complete tax year
    * The current tax year.

The Relevant Tax Year is the second last complete tax year before the year in which your claim is made. So, for claims made in 2010, the Relevant Tax Year is 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tomchats

Hi, does anyone have an idea on the following. If someone was to leave for England to look for work and thus ceased their benefits in Ireland and say returned in 3 months, could they claim welfare again despite the fact they left the country. Thanks for all thoughts

Advertisement