Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my computer broke :( needs halp!

• 15-01-2010 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

might be a long shot, but does someone around UL (cappa would be savage!) have a intel socket 775 mobo or cpu?

my pc is busted n im trying to find what the broken component is so that i can get a new one before college starts up again.

any help would be really appreciated, kinda need my pc for college..... :/

ps, I should point out that i've rounded it off to being either the mobo or cpu....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

I would help you out in person, sadly i'm still at home for another while before i'm back to UL.

Try checking each memory stick one by one on bootup.
    Turn on computer, does motherboard light up and all fans go?
    Jump start the PSU?

Generally if the motherboard lights up and fans turn on but nothing happens, it usually means dead Mobo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

I would help you out in person, sadly i'm still at home for another while before i'm back to UL.

Try checking each memory stick one by one on bootup.
    Turn on computer, does motherboard light up and all fans go?
    Jump start the PSU?

Generally if the motherboard lights up and fans turn on but nothing happens, it usually means dead Mobo.

tried using single ram sticks,
    mobo lights up, fans go ape-****,

I do have a feeling its a dead mobo, although I would ideally like to make sure before comitting to a purchase, im not made of money latley :(

(im kinda hoping it's actually the cpu, cause then i can just upgrade)

cheers though, have you any idea when youll be back actually? twud be really handy to make sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

Not sure, could easily be another few days, been rather sick :o

Best of luck icon14.gif

Advertisement