Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering to sit the exam as a mature student?

Options
  • 15-01-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I am a mature student taking private grinds at home and I need to register to sit the exam. I'm wondering if you can tell me by what date one has to do so, how much it will cost per subject and if contacting my old secondary school is the best way to do so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

www.examinations.ie for all information. On the list on the left click 'candidates' , then on the next page click 'external candidate information'

last year the closing date was the end of january with a late fee applicable if you were later by a week or so.

to do 3 or more subjects was a little over €300 in total although i think if you have a medical card you may be exempt. rules may have changed on that though with cutbacks and what not

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thank you, very much appreciated.

Ideally I'll ring up January 29th when I am paid next but that being one day before the closing date I will ring up tomorrow to confirm that is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

i notice they have 2009 on the website so i don't know if that's a misprint or if they haven't put up the dates for 2010 yet

Advertisement