Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Before considering medicine as a career READ THIS!

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

It would be about 2019/2020 before you/we would even graduate, by that time, only God would know what the system will be like, some things, all things possibly, could change by then. So I don't think you should be put off Medicine based on the current status of healthcare or other people's experience.

My parents are doctors and they've been stuck in this horrible system their whole lives.... I doubt much change will come about to be honest.
    Its definitely not stopping me from aiming for medicine, its just making that that career seem a bit less appealing :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Skinhead Kane

My parents are doctors and they've been stuck in this horrible system their whole lives.... I doubt much change will come about to be honest.
    Its definitely not stopping me from aiming for medicine, its just making that that career seem a bit less appealing :rolleyes:

I understand where you are coming from but, that said, it is possible for change so it shouldn't be ruled out.

Where are you aiming for medicine, out of curiosity? TCD I'm assuming.

Also pharmacy seems rather boring, no?

I understand where you are coming from but, that said, it is possible for change so it shouldn't be ruled out.

Where are you aiming for medicine, out of curiosity? TCD I'm assuming.

Also pharmacy seems rather boring, no?

I hope it does change.....

I genuinely don't mind where I do medicine, TCD is of course my preference though :rolleyes:

hmm maybe. Thats why I wanted to know the possible jobs available to you if you decide to do pharmacy.

Do you want to do medicine?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Skinhead Kane

I hope it does change.....

I genuinely don't mind where I do medicine, TCD is of course my preference though :rolleyes:

hmm maybe. Thats why I wanted to know the possible jobs available to you if you decide to do pharmacy.

Do you want to do medicine?

Yes, I really do, it's such an interesting field or dentistry.

Also, take a look at this.

Yes, I really do, it's such an interesting field or dentistry.

Also, take a look at this.

Thats a great thread, thanks ! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement