Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi upgrade for Imac

Options
  • 15-01-2010 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I am using a Samsung N140 at my brothers place and have no problems with wifi caption. My brothers Imac will not pick up the same signal or stream videos the same as mine. I gather that his card is not up to date. Can his Wifi card be upgraded? If not can a USB Wifi dongle be used?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I am using a Samsung N140 at my brothers place and have no problems with wifi caption. My brothers Imac will not pick up the same signal or stream videos the same as mine. I gather that his card is not up to date. Can his Wifi card be upgraded? If not can a USB Wifi dongle be used?

As I am forever pointing out on here we are not mindreaders and far more information is required to answer your question. It really does help if as much information as possible is given up front.

Firstly you do not say if the imac is picking up any wireless signal? If it is picking up a wirelss signal and he can browse the net for example then that raises different issues about the streaming.

What generation Imac is it?

What wireless signal are you using 'n' or 'g'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

dub45 wrote: »
    As I am forever pointing out on here we are not mindreaders and far more information is required to answer your question. It really does help if as much information as possible is given up front.

Firstly you do not say if the imac is picking up any wireless signal? If it is picking up a wirelss signal and he can browse the net for example then that raises different issues about the streaming.

What generation Imac is it?

What wireless signal are you using 'n' or 'g'?
    Not sure all I know is that mine is only two months old and his is 2 years old. I was told mine had the latest wifi caption. Ill find out.

Cheers.

Advertisement