Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopcock now a water feature

• 15-01-2010 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭

Ok so my mains water came back either last night or this morning. Happy news. Went about my daily routines etc, etc.

About 11pm the neighbour goes for a walk and notices the ballcock outside my garden is now shooting water up onto the street. By the looks of it only started to happen from about 10 onwards.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime or will I just have to leave it and call the council in the morning? As it's on the foot path is it best left to them to fix and will they accept this responibility.

Currently renting in a private estate in Longford. No danger of road flooding as there's a drain hole about 2 feet away so all water is just going down there, i'm 2nd last house on end of row so it's not going to affect anyone if I leave it till tomorrow.

It doesn't seem to have affected my water pressure in taps but can't get into attic to check as my 18 month son is asleep in room nearest attic door and he's having teething trouble so don't wanna be up half the night if I wake him.

Any advice will be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

If water is leaking outside your boundary its Co Council / Group water scheme responsibility. No point in getting involved as you may not even be able to stop the leak, just call them in the morn best you can do. You could put a block over stopcock to keep water down but then your creating a trip hazard. Best leave as is, when you ring Co Council ask for the name of person your speaking to, after finishing conversation, write down what time you rang and who you spoke to, that kind of information can come in handy should any difficultly arise, delays, angry neighbors, accidents etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭yawn

cheers.

I went out and got my bro out ( lives 2 doors down ).

Got him to ring the emergency service line just to let them know. I opened the lid and the water stopped shooting out so it's just overflowing out now and down into the drain.

Low chance of accidents where I live atm, I'm in second last house, no houses opposite me, my neighbour has no kids with him etc and only drives by, doesn't walk and he is aware of the situation. No one else comes this way bar my bro who now knows.

The water into my house seems fine, kitchen cold tap running fine and tank in attic is refilling ( child still asleep thank god ;) )

So now I'll just leave it to the council who I'll ring again in the morning. Will make sure I get persons name etc, ty for that advice just to cover myself

Advertisement