Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Maxima

• 15-01-2010 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

I've been driving one of these for the last two days and i have to say i've never driven a smoother car! And this one is Manual/Cloth, which is even nice too.

Whats the consensus on here about them? Seen one here http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201001196473828

Up the years and all the toys and and looks lovely in black!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

will ya just give in and buy a diesel octavia:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

One of the most reliable dullmobiles in the world :)

Thirsty V6 petrol doesn't make it ideal to be used as a taxi though ;)

Fantastic smooth V6 that you would imagine would be laboured in a big bus like a Maxima but it isn't. Bit of a blandfest styling wise but I reckon I will have one someday for a few months, I think they're class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I had a 1990 3.0 automatic one for a while and loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

Back in 1990 they were a completely different car with RWD and different engines.
    I'm in the process of "rejuvenating" my 1998 ex-taxi, jap import. I've already installed a double DIN screen with DVD player and a reverse camera is on the way.
    It cost feck all to buy but took some cash and time to get thru the NCT. I do a lot of maintainance and very subtle mods myself.
    Award winning V6 engine, good transmission, great in ice and snow with auto, understeers like a mofo but fun the first time you push 'til the front breaks loose, very thirsty but quick once you get to know it/it's limits.
    It's my "Japanese Jaguar" :D

Tip; Like a lot of other older cars they tend to look tired when the plastic exteriors of headlamps fade/oxidise. Brasso works a charm to get them back looking new. Great cheap way to improve the looks. Always test on a small patch first.

• Advertisement

Just looked at the ad. It looks good but you can get them much cheaper.
    Tow hitch on an auto? :(

BTW, the difference between 3.0l and 2.0l in fuel consumption is not much if you're gonna taxi it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Teclo

Didn't Bertie drive one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

kazul wrote: »
    Back in 1990 they were a completely different car with RWD and different engines.

Parents in law had a 1990 with 3.0 V6- definitely front wheel drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Picked one up a few years ago and had it for the weekend. Very nice cruiser - that one was auto with full leather.

Since then, unless it's a taxi, whenever I've seen one, the driver always has snow white hair. Seems to be a retirement favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Volvoboy wrote: »
    I've been driving one of these for the last two days and i have to say i've never driven a smoother car!

It's good alright but methinks your perspective has been tainted a little by spending far too much time in diesel carinas ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Prefer a camry meself. Not the last one but the 2.0 VPI. yum yum. Loved it. Haven't seen one in ages.

E39MSport wrote: »
    Prefer a camry meself. Not the last one but the 2.0 VPI. yum yum. Loved it. Haven't seen one in ages.

My neighbour had one years ago, he had it new in 1989 I think, he then got a 1997 2.2 that he still had. There was a 2.0VPi for sale in Kerry for €700 last year, it looked quite good, I regret not buying it and putting some tastful old style alloys in her.

Parents in law had a 1990 with 3.0 V6- definitely front wheel drive.

My bad, didn't realise Maxima and Cefiro weren't always the same car :o

A31 Cefiro was closely related to Skyline with RWD
    A32 Cefiro is the same as A32 Maxima

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

unkel wrote: »
    Thirsty V6 petrol doesn't make it ideal to be used as a taxi though ;)
    The 2.0 V6 isn't that hard on juice.

@ Colm McM, Wanna swap cars for a week? :D

Consumption is not bad on a long run but driving in town you can almost see the needle going down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

compare with it's rivals (Camry, 5 series, E200k, Omega petrol etc) and it's not that bad.

Also, you don't wanna run my yoke for a week :D then you'll know about fuel consumption!

Advertisement