Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Station

Options
  • 15-01-2010 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

I've been doing some research into weather stations on the web, looking at functionality, cost, data logging etc.. I am leaning towards a Davis Vantage Vue. Any recommendations/ideas on what's a good buy?
    What's the best software to use to publish data on a website? What comes out of the box or is there better 3rd party software out there.
    Best place/web site to buy?

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

muckish wrote: »
    I've been doing some research into weather stations on the web, looking at functionality, cost, data logging etc.. I am leaning towards a Davis Vantage Vue. Any recommendations/ideas on what's a good buy?
    What's the best software to use to publish data on a website? What comes out of the box or is there better 3rd party software out there.
    Best place/web site to buy?

cheers

Have had a look at the Vantage Vue.

My only problem with it is that all the instruments are clumped together. The anemometer should be located as high as possible (approx. 30ft) while the thermometer should be located at 4ft off ground level, so which ever way you go, your will not get accurate (or to be precises, comparable) readings for either wind speed or temperature.

Just my tuppence worth!

Advertisement