Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL vs ADSL2+

• 15-01-2010 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I'm on an 8meg pack with UTV using THIS The max download speed i get is 320kbps.

I'm wonder if my router is throttling me because it's only ADSL 54mbps.

So i want to upgrade to a ADSL2+ 300Mbps router, Do you think it's worth my while upgrading ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ADSL has nothing to do with your router's Wifi speed. They're 2 completely different things. ADSL is the technology used to deliver your broadband connection over the phoneline. If it's not ADSL2+, then changing the modem wont' do anything.

First thing to do is check the speed with a wired connection. Wifi speeds are simply not reliable, unless you're right beside the router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Ronyponyboi

speed with wired is the exact no difference just a slightly lower ping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

go to 192.168.0.1(or your modems address)

and check your stats
    what are you syncing at

ATT and SNR to.

Should say 8xxx download
    8xx upload

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

It looks like a 3Mb connection. My 7mb gets 700-800kb/s

• Advertisement

I can't acces the router at the moment. The username and password have changed themselves "It's a knows glitch with my router"

I may get the new one anyway just to get some faster local transfers over the network

I can't acces the router at the moment. The username and password have changed themselves "It's a knows glitch with my router"

I may get the new one anyway just to get some faster local transfers over the network

Just reset it, put a pin in the hole on the back, your BB is 8mb so the 54mb router is fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I'm on an 8meg pack with UTV using THIS The max download speed i get is 320kbps.

I'm wonder if my router is throttling me because it's only ADSL 54mbps.

So i want to upgrade to a ADSL2+ 300Mbps router, Do you think it's worth my while upgrading ?

Upgrading the to a router with ADSL2+, will have make no differnece to line speed. Unless the line/exchange is running ADSL2+.

Also. The LAN should be at 100Mbps or The speed of the NIC/Router(Wired)

Thanks for all your info guys. I'm totally crap on networking i don't have a clue about it. So sorry for any anything stupid i said :D

Advertisement