Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Player on XBOX

• 15-01-2010 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi What details do you need to set up a sky player account on your XBOX?

my friend wants me to set up his XBOX for him, he lives in Dublin and the sky box is in Galway....If he brought the XBOX down to Galway with him, could i set it up for him in Galway and then would it work on a different IP address then what is was set up on??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You need to create a Sky.com account, you can use the viewing card number to create the account. After that's done you can get your friend to log in using the username and password for the Sky.com account and that's about it.

I've done it for a friend in Dublin myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah, if his Sky box at home is in Dublin, and he lives in Galway, he can set it up on his XBOX/PC in Galway.

As long as the correct username is used, which is linked to the corresponding SKY Card Code.

I gave my user/pass to my friend as I have Sky in my room, and he live in a diff county

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

You need to create a Sky.com account, you can use the viewing card number to create the account. After that's done you can get your friend to log in using the username and password for the Sky.com account and that's about it.

I've done it for a friend in Dublin myself

Don't you have to have multi-room though?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Yeah, if his Sky box at home is in Dublin, and he lives in Galway, he can set it up on his XBOX/PC in Galway.

As long as the correct username is used, which is linked to the corresponding SKY Card Code.

I gave my user/pass to my friend as I have Sky in my room, and he live in a diff county

Does the IP address the xbox is set up on matter tho?

say if he brings his XBOX down to me and i set it up the skyplayer on my broadband, will it work when he brings it back up to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

DOH! Sorry I only scanned the second part of your reply thanks for all your help much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

I tried this today with a mate of mine but you can only have one xbox per subscription. He's in Wicklow and I'm in Dublin. You can have 1 xbox and 4 pc's or laptops per account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Don't you have to have multi-room though?

No, you get a few channels for free. You get more channels if you have multiroom (like Sky Sports 1 live instead of the odd featured programme). I got multiroom on trial for one month, it was an offer back when the player was launched. I remember watching a Chelsea match on a Sunday in his house while my dad watched it back home :D

Advertisement