Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help ! not enough points for course !!!!!!!!

Options
  • 15-01-2010 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

hi

i have done my leaveing cert in june 08' i took following subjects

ordinary
    english
    french
    construction
    maths
    agriculture science

foundation irish .

i am applieing through the cao for the "HETAC Higher Certificate in Technology in Agricultural Mechanisation http://www.pallaskenry.com/lit_course.html

last year it came in at something like 260 points .my leaveing cert results are only adding up to 145 . i have talked to carrear guidence person they said apply anyway cause points could come down .i dont think theres any chance of that .

what can i do to try get this .or is there a way i can get points by august ????? or should i just give up on idea ?

help very welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

can you do a course before the higher certificate that requires less points but would guarantee you entry if you pass it.

lots of colleges work like this with FETAC courses. go to www.qualifax.ie and find this course. It will tell you alternative ways of getting in.

If you are repeating the leaving this year you only have till the end of the month to apply i think. Instructions on www.examinations.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

pathway33 wrote: »
    can you do a course before the higher certificate that requires less points but would guarantee you entry if you pass it.

lots of colleges work like this with FETAC courses. go to www.qualifax.ie and find this course. It will tell you alternative ways of getting in.

If you are repeating the leaving this year you only have till the end of the month to apply i think. Instructions on www.examinations.ie

will look and see i have done my leaveing already in 08' not repeating this year .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

would you be interested in this course

http://www.pallaskenry.com/pdiploma_in_fm.html

you don't apply through the cao so points dont matter. it says you apply by interview so if you can show them you have a genuine interest in farm machinery and/or experience that would help. but you must have already done a year somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

pathway33 wrote: »

would you be interested in this course

http://www.pallaskenry.com/pdiploma_in_fm.html

you don't apply through the cao so points dont matter. it says you apply by interview so if you can show them you have a genuine interest in farm machinery and/or experience that would help. but you must have already done a year somewhere else

i have onl done a half year in 08 so cant do this one

Advertisement