Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7

• 15-01-2010 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Ok so my friend install windows 7 and is now not happy with it, she wants to un-install it n re-install Vista im just wondering what would the simplest way be to do this? She seems to think if she just un-install Windows 7, Vista will automatically reappear on her laptop but i dont think this is right..? Anybody with any useful tips or ideas i would be real greatful for some help :)

Thanks,

Ri.Ra.

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

She'll need to install Vista using the system restore disks supplied with the computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

No you need the Vista Installation discs, and the security key.. One operating system doesn't just sit on top of the other, Vista's gone and 7 has taken its place.. Gotta uninstall 7 and reinstall Vista.

I think you can download it too and it does everything (uninstalls 7 and reinstalls Vista). However there is a price to pay....

EDIT: If any of the above is way off the mark, I work for Apple.. Nuff said' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RightlyRandom

ok ill let her know n see how it works out, the thing is she downloaded 7 illegally so that may become more of a problem..? think thats the main reason her laptop f*cked up she definetly did something wrong like .. but we can try both ways n see what works,

Thanks

Ri.Ra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I think that when she runs the Vista CD/DVD it'll give her an option to choose the partition to install it to. Delete the C partition and recreate it and hey, Windows 7 is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

ok check her C drive, well whatever her default drive is. If there is a folder called old.windows then you can still revert back if not you might aswell format and reinstall vista.

GL

• Advertisement
Advertisement