Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

car radio and ipod

• 15-01-2010 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I have a mutant radio in my car thats about 2 yrs old, its hasnt got an actual ipod connection but i have been told there is a way of connecting an ipod through the speaker and amp connections at the back of the radio or maybe even the same kinda ones thattake the power connections (i dont know any tech terms so please answer as simply as possible) so if this is possible please tell me how.... cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Drop into any halfords and they should be able to sort it out for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

u can buy a small radio transmitter that plugs into ur headphone socket in ur ipod and u just tune ur radio into it and hey presto ur ipod plays through ur radio,also u can get some that can charge ur ipod at the same time,id say check ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

pdiddy wrote: »
    u can buy a small radio transmitter that plugs into ur headphone socket in ur ipod and u just tune ur radio into it and hey presto ur ipod plays through ur radio,also u can get some that can charge ur ipod at the same time,id say check ebay

These things are rubbish, interference is a problem and the sound is all tinny and rubbish.

Get a stereo with an Audio in Jack at the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Halfords to a system that does. you can get them online for a lot less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

pdiddy wrote: »

I got something similar that also takes SD cards and USB sticks and plays mp3's from them. It fits in the lighter socket, and cost less than 7 euro incl post from China or HK. It even has a remote control !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

the one i have is grand plugs into cig lighter charges i pod only cost a few euro no interference prob sound quality not to bad,was only suggesting a cheap alternative to replacing the radio which wud cost in the region of around 70-80 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

LIDL... great Ipod compatible radio this week,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

si_guru wrote: »
    LIDL... great Ipod compatible radio this week,

anyone buy this? looked pretty decent and i was tempted as im thinkin of gettin somethin like it at the mo, but i passed as it was from LIDl.

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20100114.p.Bluetooth_Car_Radio_with_USB sin é

Advertisement