Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ATI Catalyst Control Center, Help?

• 15-01-2010 2:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Ok one more problem (if its even that?) i recenetly bought a new laptop (November 09) and with it i got Windows 7 as part of the upgrade for like 30 odd euro, cant remeber the exact price, but anyways lately i discovered a link/folder on my desktop and when i open it it reads this

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/admin/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/windows/upgrade/images/warning.gif[/IMG] Upgrading Windows will affect the following devices and/or programs:

These programs might not work properly after the upgrade. We recommend uninstalling these programs before upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel, and search for "uninstall a program". (Note: Programs marked as * can be safely reinstalled after the upgrade.)

[*]ATI CATALYST Install Manager *

[*]ATI Catalyst Control Center *

ok so im just wondering is the ATI CCC an important aspect of the laptop/windows 7 program or can i carry on with out it? my la[top seems to work perfect without it but it just bothers me a little not actually knowing what this is used for? Should i do as it says n uninstall ATI CCC upgrade and the reinstall it?

Thanks

Ri.Ra

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Yes do the uninstall they are the ATI graphics card drivers so they can be safely uninstalled, just make sure that you re install the latest drivers again after installation from ati.amd.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RightlyRandom

marco_polo wrote: »
                  Yes do the uninstall they are the ATI graphics card drivers so they can be safely uninstalled, just make sure that you re install the latest drivers again after installation from ati.amd.com.

Ok should be easy enough so, thanks :D
                  ah i just went on the website there to just have a look and see how i might go about downloading it again after the upgrade, am its a lil confusing tho in the Download Drivers section theres 4 drop down arrows first one i chose Graphics second one i chose W7 64-bit edition third one tho is for the product line.. but im not sure which one i should choose.. any preferences for it or does it has to specidy with something i want to use the ATI CCC for? (hope im making sence, as i find it a lil confusing myself!?)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Ok should be easy enough so, thanks :D
                  ah i just went on the website there to just have a look and see how i might go about downloading it again after the upgrade, am its a lil confusing tho in the Download Drivers section theres 4 drop down arrows first one i chose Graphics second one i chose W7 64-bit edition third one tho is for the product line.. but im not sure which one i should choose.. any preferences for it or does it has to specidy with something i want to use the ATI CCC for? (hope im making sence, as i find it a lil confusing myself!?)

All you have to do is find out what version of GPU (Graphics Processor) is on the laptop, something like GPU-Z (best) or speccy will do the trick (Quite possibly windows 7 will be able to tell automatically anyway without you having to do anything )

Not to worry anyway, absolute worst case it is something solved easily post installation by a thread on here, you will be able to boot into windows no problem without it installed.

ok thanks for your help! :D

am i can't figure out what product line i should choose tho i have a choice of Radeon, Notebook, TV Turner, FirePro, FireGL etc its kinda confusing i googled ATI CCC for windows 7 and found this http://downloads.guru3d.com/ATI-Catalyst-9.5-Windows-7-%7C-Vista-WHQL-64-bit-download-2285.html would you think this would be an ok site to download from or would your recommended site be a more efficient and suitable?

Radeon is the option you need to pick, then you need to figure out what chipset you have using one of the programs I mentioned above.

• Advertisement
                • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Download + install this
                  http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/

Then when you start up the program you should see something like this

26694_gpuz.png

See where it says "Name"?

That's the gpu you have, then you simply go to the ati site and select the correct option.

If you're asking yourself, "Do I have Windows 7 64 bit or 32 bit"? As you need to know to download the drivers.
                  If you don't know right-click on "My computer", then lieft-click on properties and it will say "system type" if it says 32 bit then you have a 32 bit operating system, if it says 64bit then you have a 64 bit system.

Okay perfect thanks guys :D got it sorted!!

Advertisement